Planning some winter caravan holidays?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mmm took this from the blog......

Make sure the wiper blades are cleaning the screen properly, and replace them if necessary.

5662577-top-tips-for-your-winter-holidays-thumbnail-2.jpg

????????????????

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I would be interested in using the caravan through the winter months, but my Wife is not keen.

I love the idea of getting a little Christmas tree & some fairy lights to put into the caravan. : )

To be honest the heating is better in the caravan then it is in our house! We'd be better off!

Maybe I’ll just use the caravan from our drive instead! : )

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Millar 84, you wife doesn't know what she's missing! One of our favourite breaks is a week in York in December. We've been when there's been snow on the ground, and temperatures have been well into minus double figures, but have been really snug in the caravan. Add to that the fun of putting a little Christmas tree up and some lights, listening to Christmas carols whilst drinking mulled wine, and munching mince pies.................... Can't wait for this year's trip!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree completely. Winter caravanning is great. much better now than when i started, when we had open flame heater inside a single glazed caravan, but it was still easily the best way of seeing the in-laws over Christmas without actually staying with them.

Now 'winter' caravanning means Portsmouth to St Malo December 27th New Years Eve near Mojacar, SE Spain , January February March in the same spot. Sorry folks - but you'll all retire one day !

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Already in london for 8 days then again in two weeks for 2 days.
Front 24 December to 2nd of January a lovely Christmas break in Norfolk for just £16 per night.
There are some great deals available and cheaper than the 2 main clubs who both charge top wack.
The last 2 years we went to north Devon can't beat Christmas in the van.
Go for it but take care to check your car and van fully.
An old jacket makes a good aquaroll protector, and the pump can be put through one of the sleeves, put wood under to raise it oto the ground.

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
We enjoy touring in the winter and are off to Burrs CC site at Bury Nr Manchester in early December. Its handy for the tram into Manchester to visit the Christmas markets. Last time we stopped at this site it was snowing and -7 but we go well prepared for whatever the weather throws at us

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
From what I've heard about the possibilities for this winter's weather I don't think us hardy caravanners will be needing to insulate the aquaroll and pipes this year! Make sure yer wellies haven't sprung a leak though, and don't forget the sou'wester, and the awning tie-down kit to keep everything safe in the gales. Ho ho, it's being so cheerful that keeps me going!

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
We're off to Chester next Weekend. I didn't think we would have a problem getting on the caravan club site at this time of year. But every weekend is fully booked. We had the same problem last year at York. Ok Monday to Thursday but weekends fully occupied.
Still I suppose we should have booked earlier.
Anyway we have found what looks to be a really nice CL Site with hard standing and shower block. So saved a few bob there.
Just got to decide now whether to go via the M62 or over the Woodhead?
I like to keep the van wheels turning in the winter months unless the weather forecast is really bad.
We always try for hard standing pitches though, the Focus Tows brilliantly but a soggy field may just test it too much.
Regards to all Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts