Plastic rail trim/strip replacement??

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I need to replace my plastic trim that sits in the rails. The one that slides over the screws. Any ideas as to a good place to buy it and also what sort of price people have paid for it?

I haven't measured it yet but looks about 10mm wide (maybe 12mm??)

Thank you

Caravan Newbie

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi,Most caravan shops carry this beading in various colours and is quite cheap,remember to clean the channel thoroughly and to warm the new bead to make it more pliable then leave a couple of inches either end to allow for shrinkage when it cools.

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on warming it up first! Anyone tell me what they paid per metre for it as I am planning to replace most of the strips (about 20m in total!)

Thanks

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If you warm the strip up prior to inserting it in the awning rail it will expand and increase in length .
Prior to cutting it to length when you have installed it in the groove leave it over night to contract then cut it the following day.
I think we have all seen infill strips that are short in the groove months after fitting ,this is usually the cause along with ultra voilet light which also makes plastic expand and contract loosing its molecular properties and then shrink and become brittle, but if the strip is allowed to recover after instalation it can help considerably.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts