Plastic Window Trim

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
I have a 1988 Lunar Delta 500-2 Twin and the plastic trim around the insides of the windows has become brittle and coming out of the rubbers at the corners. Can anyone advise where I can buy the replacement plastic trim. It's about 22mm wide.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
your nearest accessory shop will either have the strip or will order it for you. Alternatively, heat the strip using your wife's hair dryer this will make it soft and allow you to stretch it slightly, then you can tuck it back under the rubber while it is warm

bob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mine was discoloured a lovely shade of various browns - looked awfull. I did not replace all of it - just the bottom half where the sun had effected it. The joins were made under the window supports on either side so nothing shows. Replacement is available "off a role" from most accessory shops so measure what you need and buy by the metre.

I managed to push it under the outer edge then run a biro casing along inside the other rubber lip and it went in with no problem. Didn't think to use heat as Rob suggests and I am sure that would make it easier still.

Whole caravan (once started I decided to do all windows even tho' the awning side really was not that bad) took less than half a day. The effect is excellent - really makes the interior look like new again. Well worth the effort.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts