Please help - I have no water coming out of taps :

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Hiya,

I'm an utter newby having recently bought a Fiat Adria 2016 plate. Its been idling over the winter but I've run it and all has been fine until this week when my battery went flat. So replaced that. I then filled the water tank to slush it out (with appropriate tank cleaner) and when I tried to turn on the water to transfer it to the grey tank, it all poured either onto the ground from under the tank or all over the bathroom floor.

So ive been back to the manual and worked out about the frost prevention button. Reset it ( I think), refilled the tank but I still have zero water coming out of the taps. It seems I can either have it pouring down the drive or not at all.

I know I'm a novice and its probably me..... but where am I going wrong?? The manual says turn the power on, turn the taps on full (hot) but there is no pump power or anything. Am I being a total dimwit?! I'm sure there's an easy answer that I'm not seeing....

Can anyone help? Its meant to be going out on Tuesday and I'm running out of time to fix it :-(

Thank you

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello Jo, welcome.
I assume your van has both kitchen and bathroom taps. If none of them work, and there's no sound from the pump, that's where I'd look first. Does the pump have its own 12v fuse somewhere? Or a switch which cuts it off?
I don't know your van, but there are two systems in use.
One has a micro switch on each tap, which is physically operated by opening the tap. So turning on the tap simultaneously turns on the power to the pump, via wiring from each tap to the pump. The chances of two or more of these switches failing at once are pretty remote, hence my suspicion of the pump.
The other has a pressure-sensitive switch mounted on the pump. This causes the pump to operate when it detects a drop in pressure - normally when any tap is open, but also if you get a leak in the system. On this type, a kink in the pipe before it separates to the different taps COULD fool the switch into thinking no tap is open, even when one is. So again, you'd be looking for a problem near the pump.
Hope that helps a bit, but maybe someone else is familiar with your van?

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
Looking on the web I think you have microswitches on the taps. If this is the case then either your pump has broken or the fuse has gone.
The van must be still under warranty? I know that doesn't help on a bank holiday when you want to go away tomorrow but at least you know you can get it sorted.
In the meantime double check you have enough water in the tank and check the fuses. If you tell us the exact model we can get more info on the fuses etc.
Alan
I've just noticed your comment about the bathroom floor. This may indicate that a hose has come off in which case the water would take the line of least resistance. Check under the bathroom sink for loose pipes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts