Please Help Me Choose A Mover

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Looking at buying a mover, and would appreciate your ideas and help.
Done some research so require

1) manual cross actuation
2) soft start/ stop
3) gear drive not chain.
for
Single axle
MTPLM 1630 kg

Would rather not pay a fortune, but at home fitting service is a must (Leigh Lancashire)
Thanks in anticipation

Mat

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi mat, I bought a power touch heavy duty, reconditioned, direct from power touch themselves, it was just like new and even the guy who came to fit it couldn't tell it wasn't brand new, apparently you get new electrics in the control box, a new remote, the only thing you dont get is a 5 year guarantee you only get 3 years, now re the price, I got it for £600 and that included fitting at home, they quoted me the 600 and I asked if they would throw in the cross actuator in with the price and was surprised when they agreed straight off, I can't remember exactly what the price should have been but was in region of 950 I seem to remember, worth checking the prices on their website then ringing and ask about recon availability, I have a friend who has only ever bought recon units from power touch and has never ( touch wood ) had any problems with any of them. BP

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The very capable Powrtouch HD fails to meet your requirements in that it features a chain drive secondary reduction gear, Its not a feature I would let veto it as it is a high torque unit well able to handle your relatively high weight van and is attractively priced if you "push" for a deal.
I have it on my 1900kg SA van.
The E-Go meets your spec and its advertisement, if you believe it, speaks well of it for a budget unit.
I previously had a Reich unit on a 1700 kg van, that was excellent but would fail your pricing requirement

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mat, there are many choices and lots of differant opinions about which one, (which you will hear, no doubt later)
A lot of us are swayed with the Powr Touch 5 year guaranatee, I am, I had this one
Powr Touch fitted to my 1700kg van and you dont really need a 110ah battery,read there stats, I am on a 85ah one and have no problems. Allthough when the time comes to change I will upgrade.
Good luck on whatever you decide.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I have a mover that is excellent only thing is it weighs in at 1700kg, and attaches to front of van. You get in so when its raining you dont get wet. And is built by a well known company called JEEP.

Dougie.....

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I've got the Powrtouch and it is excellent. I didn't haggle over price, maybe I should have done, and I chose to have them fit it because the difference in price was minimal and they give a better warranty than if you fit it yourself.

I have a small vid clip on youtube showing it pulling my van up a pretty steep climb from a deep gutter to the driveway at the front of my house. See this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqOYwiZzeyo

Regards
Mick

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
powertouch all day long,ive just phoned them to purchase a new isolater key because i lost mine,no problem said the gentleman on the other end and no charge,what service.the mover is 12 months old and i wouldnt contemplate any other make,it moves my eldiss 544 with ease.thank you powertouch.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We have a Powrtouch mover and have no hesitation in recommending it. Ours was fiitted to the caravan on our drive at home and the fitter, a caravanner himself, did a really good neat job and didn't leave until we understood how to operate the handset and had manouvered the van ourselves.
Powrtouch after sales service is second to none. They once arranged for one of their mobile mechanics to come out to a CL we were staying on to fix a minor problem. Their website tells you all you should need to know about choosing a mover and if you have any further questions, someone from technical support will answer your questions if you phone them.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got an enduro. I fitted it myself - it was easy. Never had to phone them, get any replacement parts or do anything except press the buttons. Now that is reliaility. Any deviation from this means unreliability.

One down side is I think i'm going to have to change the batteries in the remote

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Well that settles that then .................. Powr Touch HD it is.

Thank you for helping me spend my money
smiley-laughing.gif

Mat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts