Please recommend me a BBQ, not a Cadac griddle

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a gas BBQ?

By BBQ, I mean something that cooks food by direct contact with a flame.

I have a Cadac just now, but I don't like it, I might as well buy a griddle pan and put it on the hob in the caravan.

I'm probably looking for a double burner, unless somebody recommends a single burner that heats the entire cooking area, without a very limited hot spot.

I've found this so far, but any other recommendations for something similar appreciated, especially if its cheaper!

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/iqport2/electriq-iqport2-barbecue?refsource=apadwords&mkwid=sTWAYe84n_dc&pcrid=334267071037&product=IQPORT2&pgrid=63877346341&ptaid=pla-645006693111&gclid=CjwKCAjw583nBRBwEiwA7MKvoA3puj3J0xoSQ_2GrYw01opxSdfxW9JOgd2UDZu14p8LFfT_titnThoCv4gQAvD_BwE.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Colin I have an old Cadac that has a pressed steel grill. It never really get cleaned just a good wire brush on it, I still have the flat griddle plate but I dont use it much, . Someone started a thread about Bbqs and i saw a good one. But forgot the name, lot of use that is.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but I will only recommend the Cadac Carri Chef 2 at around 13 kg for any of the combinations. With the griddle plate, it cooks almost directly with the flame.

Compare that to the one you are looking at, which weighs in at around
Total weight (out of the box): 22.3Kg
almost double the weight of the cadac, let alone the bulk. I dont see any reasonable comparison.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Colin I have an old Cadac that has a pressed steel grill. It never really get cleaned just a good wire brush on it, I still have the flat griddle plate but I dont use it much, . Someone started a thread about Bbqs and i saw a good one. But forgot the name, lot of use that is.

Found it, https://www.outbackdirect.co.uk/outback-370505-trekker-gas-series-compact-bbq-in-red.html, looks good.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Found it, https://www.outbackdirect.co.uk/outback-370505-trekker-gas-series-compact-bbq-in-red.html, looks good.

It does look good Hutch and free table top legs whilst stocks last, I will keep this item in mind, thank you.

EDIT: Just noticed that the griddle and pot stand are not included, so that willbe another £25.00, :unsure:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cadac are a waste of money for us and we virtually gave away ours that has hardly been used. We also have a Cadac Safari Chef in the shed that has been used once and probably will never be used again due to the hassle to cleaning the things.
We now only use a Weber charcoal BBQ however as the OP wants a gas BBQ they cannot go wrong with a Weber Q2200 which has a 10 year warranty.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We also have a Weber charcoal barbecue ( smokey Joe). If the Weber gas barbecue is of the same high quality as the charcoal version , then I would second Buckmans recommendation
Mel

Jul 28, 2018
Visit site
We were talking about the need to get a barbecue for the caravan too. I’m wondering what do people do for gas for the barbecues? We don’t have an external connection on the caravan, so I’m assuming the solution is to carry a separate bottle? Seems a bit bulky for my liking so I’m suspecting there’s a better solution..?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
No if we are likely to be away in warm weather we would take two gas bottles. One for the van systems and one outside plugged into a BBQ.
Currently if I want to cook outside I use a smaller Gaz bottle.

Some may use offtakes from the van systems supply but I’m dead against such modifications with their long hoses and associated risks. Also a separate bottle for the bbq allows you to site it were you want, where your neighbours may want or even cart it away for a bbq on a beach.

I would echo Mels comments about Weber. I had my first Weber charcoal BBQ in 1985 and I was the second owner. It came to UK from Hawaii via Canada and did many years of sterling service. I still have an ultra portable Smokey Joe. Great little thing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts