Pneumatic Jockey wheel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having had a motor mover fitted to my Abbey GTS I am a bit concerned about the stresses placed on my existing "solid tyred" jockey wheel when manouvering the van.So,I thought, I,ll replace the existing 8" wheel with a pneumatic one, but on visiting my local caravan emporium I could only find 10" wheels on the shelf which will not fit into the fork on the jockey shaft.

Whats the answer? I suspect replacing the shaft assembly complete, has anyone else been down this road??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a motor mover fitted and found that quite often my solid tyre tended to 'dig in' on soft ground. I was advised to go for the pneumatic type, unfortunately due to the width of the tyre, it would not fit the old jockey wheel mount and I had to buy the complete jockey wheel. I did this and have had no trouble

since. Happy caravanning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all replies, will dust off the credit card again and fit complete unit. Have just received the latest C.C.mag,and in it an article on Movers where it mentions the possible severe damage that can be caused by solid wheels. My particular problem is running up a "dropped " kerb (which still presents a step-up of about 20mm ) which I have to negotiate while turning a very tight corner. The worst posssible combination !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts