pneumatic jockey wheel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ive always preferred to to use a pneumatic jockey wheel in the past, but since having a mover fitted to our twin axle we are continualy stripping the tyre off the rim on our jockey wheel when manouvering onto out drive. ive tried different air pressures to no avail. i am now using a solid tyre but can see difficulties arising next week when we have the drive ripped up and gravel laid. any ideas as to what i can try ?, cheers, dave.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
in my investigations on fitting a caravan mover it is recommended by some caravan dealers that I should fit a pneumatic jockey wheel with 30psi pressure in the tyre

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have found thet using a 'normal wheel' with my mover on gravel is possible if I use 'grip mats,. These are often used my motorhomers and can be bought from most caravan shops in pairs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I once saw someone using a rubber car mat under a carwheel when it was bogged down - although i've not had to try it myself, maybe this would work on a jockey wheel?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having read the problem twice to get a good understanding of the situation,there are a couple of areas where you may find you can avoid the problem happening. Firstly, I hope you have the jockey wheel slightly extended from its travelling position, locked in the lugs, and it IS able to rotate freely????? or,,you have too much weight on the front of the van, try reducing the weight on the jockey wheel.

Tyres should not just peel off, especially on concrete. Mine is fine on all surfaces, but it HAS to be able to rotate as the van is moved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts