Points To Ponder On - But The Truth

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nicholas my original posting was meant in a very light hearted manner and was not intended to hurt or offend any individual or religion - in my opinion all men are equal no matter what creed, colour or religion and I am a member of an age old and respected Society that believes in that teaching. I do not wish that any of my postings on this or any other forum causes offence to any one and if I have in the past I will offer my sincere apology. Lord B. and I have exchanged many a humourous "slanging match" regarding the Welsh visiting Hereford and it has been given and accepted in the amusing friendly manner intended. I cannot speak for other contributers to this forum but it is in my opinion a sorry day if an individual comes to the opinion that he/she cannot contribute in a wholesome manner to any free society/organisation/forum without being heckled. In conclusion I would say that put this incident down to experience and continue to contribute as and when you see fit.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Nicholas my original posting was meant in a very light hearted manner and was not intended to hurt or offend any individual or religion - in my opinion all men are equal no matter what creed, colour or religion and I am a member of an age old and respected Society that believes in that teaching. I do not wish that any of my postings on this or any other forum causes offence to any one and if I have in the past I will offer my sincere apology. Lord B. and I have exchanged many a humourous "slanging match" regarding the Welsh visiting Hereford and it has been given and accepted in the amusing friendly manner intended. I cannot speak for other contributers to this forum but it is in my opinion a sorry day if an individual comes to the opinion that he/she cannot contribute in a wholesome manner to any free society/organisation/forum without being heckled. In conclusion I would say that put this incident down to experience and continue to contribute as and when you see fit.
Well said colin.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It would appear that the posting I am referring to from Nicholas has been removed. However I will stand by this posting and hope that Nicholas will understand the contents of it and act as he sees fit.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Oh sorry colin, I didn't realise he had posted. I thought you were referring to your original post.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Colin ( Bridgend )

Most people on this forum won't know what Bridgend is known for. But please don't start to claim it as Mecca, that is a well known 60s nightspot in Burnley. The Mecca later to become known as the Cats Whiskers.

Val & Frank

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Oh and by the way is this Nicholas fellow also known as Santa Claus ????. Or is that a little to Christian for him ????

Val & Frank

I suppose being 100% atheist I don't need to worry about the thought police, I can say what I want???????????.

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bridgend is well known in the industrial world. At one time we had a large electronic factory known as Sony, a large pharmacutical company known as Miles Laboritories making Alka Seltza, a few large manufacturing outlets known as the Christie Tyler Furniture Company and a large motor industry plant known as Ford. Ford at present is still working and expanding, the others ?????????

There was also a Mecca Ballroom in both Swansea and Cardiff so Burnley was not the only place to have a dance hall of this name.

Mind you, on reflection, I think that to compare Bridgend with Mecca could be an insult to Mecca.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Colin,

Look up the Lunatic Asylum at Angelton, Bridgend.

We must know a lot about Bridgend. My nephew was the Production Manager at Tylers. Remploy was working under contract to Sony, Ford got all the nuts and bolts from Firth Clevland at Treforest it goes on and on. The Mecca at Burnley really was the Cats Whiskers.

Val & Frank

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
welcome back L.B. !!

Have been on the receiving end of a smilar situation not long back, in future could you please stick to attacking people with a disabilty instead of their religion as that it seems is quite acceptable )0; !!!!!!! Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Frank for your information the asylum is not in Bridgend but a village approx. 2 miles outside the town and is known as Penyfai. Before there is any other comment regarding this I will have you know that my wife and I reside in this village, not far from the village pub, church and green. The old Parc Hospital which was also an asylum is now a privately run prison. That is on the other side of town.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
welcome back L.B. !!

Have been on the receiving end of a smilar situation not long back, in future could you please stick to attacking people with a disabilty instead of their religion as that it seems is quite acceptable )0; !!!!!!! Tina x
Thank you Tina. :O)

If it was racist I could have accepted the whingeing but it wasn't.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hey Colin

Next time you go into a " valley " ask anyone aged 40 or over, did they know anyone in " Bridgend " and I bet you a pint they all think of the asylum and nothing else.

Val & Frank

ps don't forget we are locals to.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi folks

just read this tread and had a horrible thought that just occured to me , personally I do like a good sparring on politics but would never ever do race, religion, or personal beliefs as a topic for disscussion (my choice),

but my thought was this:- if cetain topics are taboo and not allowed to be discussed at all for fear of upsetting someone even just one person how the hell can anybody discuss anything important anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts