Pole-less awning advice, please!

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Morning all!

We've had a query on our Facebook page. I was wondering if you might be able to share your experiences to help this reader. His post reads:

"I have tried a lightweight awning and you got a fine shower inside it every time it rained. We ended up giving it to a charity shop, £200 down the drain. I am now looking for a quality, good value for money pole-less awning for my Bailey Unicorn Valencia for use on breaks 1week or less, when were not using our Isabella Magnum. With so many now on the market, can you please advise on the best ones that would meet our requirements."

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Lizzie,
The effect your correspondent has noted will also affect other awnings and tents, depending on the condition of the material used to manufacture them. When we had the problem with canvas it was time to re waterproof the material. We very successfully used a product called Fabsil, but there are several other products that do the same job. Google "fabric waterproofer" to whats available, and its suitability.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Lizzie in answer to your post Kampa Air is a good awning that only uses two poles and they fit inside against the caravan side but is cushioned so no damage. Easy to erect could be a one man job and is up in minutes .Heres the downsides its expensive but you get what you pay for (Quality ) and 2 when packed in the bag it s heavy.
We are in our third season with the Kampa Air no problems. They come in 390..260. and I believe new for 2014 is another size coming. I hope this helps.
Sir Roger

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
The OP asked for advice on an awning " for use on breaks 1 week or less". Could I ask other members, as a matter of interest, how long they would intend to stay on a site before putting up an awning - 1 hour, 1 day a few days? I think this point was raised a while ago but I can't find the posting.

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
PaulT, we put up our Isabella Magnum for 1 week or more. We won't use it at caravan club sites though, which we use mostly, as the hard standing pitches, we find, are not conducive for secure pegging out of heavy canvas awnings, and have seen many flying around in the wind.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
We used our new Kampa Rally Air Pro 260 for the first time last week. Very happy to recommend it highly. Well designed and does all it says in the blurb. The only problem we had was that it was 2 months later than originally promosed in its delivery to our stockist.
Cheers
Paul R T

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts