Poll - Do you ariel view sites?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Just wondered if other people do what I do. - When you find a site which you're interested in, do you ariel view the site and surrounding area?

I'm so so pleased I did that recently, I found a cl which sounded ideal. When I panned 1/4 mile up the road in ariel view, I found something which I'm sure 99% of caravanners would be put off by.

Lisa

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Not strictly an answer to your question - more of an observation. Have you noticed the number of times people ask opinions on sites/caravans/cars/expensive pieces of kit having already booked the site for a week or bought the item? The words 'cart' and 'horse' spring to mind.

Such as, 'I've booked a fortnight at the Sewage Works View Caravan Park In Toxteth. Anyone been there?'

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
yep I google earth to check out the vacinity before booking.

interestingly , I'm of to Kent on Saturday for a wedding and decided to check out the traveling time by doing a directions search on google.

As the place is in Dartford alot of the area has had this street level photo done as well so I was able to view my route into the church from the dartford tunnel.

Not sure I really wanted to see the route now as I'm worried about where I'll have to park the car and if it'll still be in one piece afterwards.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Roger, if you are going to Dartford, try not to go through the Tunnel, you will meet alot of head on traffic - try the bridge instead!!!

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Lisa, I take it that it was not a 'club site' up the road!!! In fairness, as the aerial views are upto three years old, the 'situation' may have changed by now

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not strictly an answer to your question - more of an observation. Have you noticed the number of times people ask opinions on sites/caravans/cars/expensive pieces of kit having already booked the site for a week or bought the item? The words 'cart' and 'horse' spring to mind.

Such as, 'I've booked a fortnight at the Sewage Works View Caravan Park In Toxteth. Anyone been there?'
Good point, yes I have noticed that.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Zafiral

I can't really say but god it was sooooo funny. Wouldn't have bothered me at all but my husband is an anti. LOL!

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ooops, didn't notice your last paragraph.

I did a search under ********** site and the road and location and it came up as a permanent site.

Lisa

G

Yes, for many years now.

We always check out where we are going using Google Earth or route map aerial views.

Mainly for approach detail and narrow roads and tight turns.

Ideal for finding parking spots on coast near beaches as well or in forest areas.

For families with children, you can get an idea on road safety if you have to walk to a beach or like to cycle with the children from sites.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Ooops, didn't notice your last paragraph.

I did a search under ********** site and the road and location and it came up as a permanent site.

Lisa
Lisa, what symbol do you think the clubs should use in the 'facilities near the site' section of the review?

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Roger, if you are going to Dartford, try not to go through the Tunnel, you will meet alot of head on traffic - try the bridge instead!!!
good point - not having ever been down that way I just assumed - hopefully the Sat Nav will know better !!!!!!!

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
just by were the gladray used to be ian. show you,re age ian do you remember that den of iniquity if not ask yuo,re dad
Ho Ho, all the old ones eh.

No, don't remember The Gladray. Asked my dad and he just smiled and said 'ask your grandad, he went with his dad'. :)

TRENDING THREADS