poor water pressure from tap in toilet/showerroom

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
In my Bailey Ranger the water flow in the toilet tap is pretty poor. Kitchen tap is good so I assume the pump is ok. Is it just the distance to the toilet tap? Anyone have any ideas?

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Ewan, since the pipework is all connected, the *pressure* must be the same throughout-it is the *flow* with which you are presumably having problems. The most likely cause is some sort of restriction-perhaps pipework that is almost kinked, or a partial blockage at the tap (you did not mention both taps). Its possible the tap washer is breaking up and part is lodged? I think I would disconnect the feed to the affected tap-if you get a good flow then its the tap, if not you'll have to work your way back along the feed to find the problem

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Before taking the tap of, trace all the pipe work back as it is not uncommon to find the pipe kinked or puklled to tight aroyund a 90 degree bend. I have stripped the taps down in our van and there is very little inside the tap to cause poor flow. We had a similair problem with the shower in our van, I found the solution was to change the shower hose as the old one had a kink inside it but you couldnt see it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts