Porch awning!!!!!!!!!!please help us

May 3, 2005
Visit site
We have an ERIBA familia 310.... we do have a full awning but like everyone else would love to be able to put up a porch awning for a weekend.... the ones we would like are the Panorama type that slide into the rail and then the fibre poles. BUT our awning rail is only 2.00 metres high and not the usual 235+. would one of theses be adaptable? or do you have any advise????????????// heeeeeeelllppppppppp

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
it wouldn't fit barbara,not many manufactures make the shortened version in any porch type awning.i have the same problem with my van as the awning rail height is only 7ft

most are to fit height 225-250 cm (7ft6'- 8ft4')

Sep 15, 2005
Visit site
We borrowed a quick erect porch awning then realised that our old van was too short! We have been looking around for alternatives and decided that a motorhome awning would give the best flexibilty. The Movelite can fit a 2m rail but just reading some other comments on this forum perhaps the lightweight ones are not that robust? We used to own a Kyham tent which was excellent and Kyham do an motorhome awning but its not cheap at around

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Barbara,

Take a look at one of the Eriba specific sites - www.eriba-amiga.co.uk or www.groups.msn.com/EribaOwnersPhotoBoard - there is lots of information on "weekend" awnings - borrowed from smaller motorhomes.

We've just returned from an EribaFest near Brecon with 10 others, where we tried out a Herzog Explorer Touring on our Triton 410. Fit was perfect, nice and cosy, and at 3m by 2.5m also a perfect fit for the Familia.

I'll be posting additional pictures on www.eriba-amiga.co.uk later this week, but it took us less than 5 minutes to erect and fit.

Tony and Gaynor, their Triton and a Movelite awning was also at the Fest, and he's posting pictures too.

Robert

May 5, 2005
Visit site
has anybody had dents from high winds on thes type of porches would love one but got told the poles can be shook into van wall under high winds

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
David,

The Herzog Explorer, Kyham Classic Motordome, and Movelite dome awnings all stand well away from the van.

The frame on our Herzog (and I know the Khyam is similar) stands about 1ft away from the van body at the bottom and 2ft away at the awning rail. The gap is closed by elasticated side screens.

So if the dome awning is correctly guyed and staked, then there should be absolutely no contact between the frame and the van.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS