Porch Awnings - is there any point

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying a porch. Apart from the Scenic are there any awnings that are easy to put up. I read negative report after negative report on this site!! I must say, I prefer the more traditional designs than the Scenic. Seems like the Bradcot is out. What about the Ventura or the Dorema Laser?. Your views would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris, it all depends on what you want the awning for. You can have a simple porch that covers just the doorway and a bit more that would take 1 person 15 minutes to put up, or you can get the larger porch that can cover half the van. This can take longer to put up of course. I just look at it as part of the hobby after all it can't be all wine and song, though of course I've had some good nights doing both in full and porch awnings.

i have found that when the weather is such that you don't fancy putting the porch up is the time you wish you had it.

I don't agree with you about Bradcot. I have a full size and the Portico Plus, which is mid size porch and find them both relatively easy to erect. They are also good value for money but of course it's a personal choice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to agree with Ray, we have the full awning and the portico porch and dont have any problems either.When we first used the porch we arrived at the site late in evening when it was dark and had no problems putting it together,( idiot proof really ). I have to laugh when hear I all the people boasting about how quick they can erect an awning, they are probably the ones that the have the problems and dont admit to it.Have you had a look at a Bradcot and seen the set-up, I think some people are mis-led by others comments.

All the best whatever you choose

Geordie.

Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
We got a Porchlite Plus recently, very easy to put up. Similar to the Scenic. Ideal for 1, 2 nights stay where you need somewhere for overflow of items from 'van. It's actually more spacious than we expected.

www.e-awnings.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts