New to caravaning and have just bought Avondale Eagle 2002 and would like a large porch awning that fits this van. We would like to be able to put the table,chairs and loungers in if possible. Does any one out there know of one that will fit the van, and still let us look out of the front side windows instead of having to look into an awning.The measurements are approx 307cm to go inside back shower window and front side window or 390cm to go from back of van to front side window. Hope this makes some sense. Janet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We bought an NR awning for our Avondale Osprey and we didn't realise the problem that would be caused by the low awning rail that Avondale use. When we erected the awning for the first time we found that the top of the door touched the awning roof. this is because the awning slopes down sharply from the van. We don't have this problem with the full awning as this slope is more gradual. So this is something to look out for when you look at an awning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Janet,

We have a 'van that is similar in size to yours and have an Inaca Kalahari porch. This is an excellent porch - good value. They are only available from Barrons (I think) but they do mail order and brochures if you aren't near a branch.

Neal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janet. I have an Avondale Sandpiper and just in the throes of buying a porch awning. I am getting one from NR and in view of Clives comments I contacted NR Awnings who told me to measure from the top of the awning rail down to the ground (which in my case is 85") and that a 7foot awning is the correct one to get. Log onto their website NR Awnings and they have all the informtaion you need including photos of porch awnings and their dimensions

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Ventura Cadet - made by Isabella. It fits between the front side window and the door, so we can still see out through the side windows. It's high and doesn't have the slope mentioned above so it feels quite spacious and airy. (Some don't). Haven't got the exact measurements but we can fit a table and chairs in, plus extra bits. It's lightweight(ish), easy to erect, and bigger than some we have seen on site. Definitely a good buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts