Portsmouth Site near to Port

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
We are going to Bilbao at the end of January 2019 leaving Portsmouth at lunchtime. Does anyone know of a decent campsite within easy reach of the port which will be open?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sheila, we stayed here four years ago for my aunt’s funeral which was also in Fareham. Portsmouth is just down the road. The site is large, relaxed, good dog walk and close to off site amenities. Up to usual CAMC standards too.
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/england/southern-england/hampshire/rookesbury-park-caravan-club-site/

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Sheila , can I ask which site you are staying at once you get to Bilbao ?
We have visited Bilbao a number of times, as our son did his university placement in the city, and have always said we would love to go back with caravan rather than staying in hotel / Airbnb but never found a site within reasonable distance from the city.
Thanks

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
:woohoo:
Gafferbill said:
This private site is well placed and open in January and used to ferry traffic.
It has fairly basic amenities ......... I have not stayed there but know the area well.

Check out their website

We have stayed at this place, It's ok for a couple of nights, It looks a lot better now than when we stayed there many years ago.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I am keeping my eye on this post as we are going to Spain on 2nd January. We may travel down in the morning as our ferry leaves at 11.45am. We return at 21.45 so may use Scotts Haven on the return.

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks for your replies. Scott Haven sounds like it may be the best bet. To yorkykev - we won't be staying at Bilbao, but travelling to Southern Spain.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
sheila.d said:
Many thanks for your replies. Scott Haven sounds like it may be the best bet. To yorkykev - we won't be staying at Bilbao, but travelling to Southern Spain.

The Pub, The Bold Forester, on the road to Scottshaven, also used to have a small cl behind it, but there is nothing on their website.
Forester Rd, Soberton, Southampton SO32 3QG.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I would rather use a CL site for the fraction of the price compared to a fully priced caravan club site for the time that you are there as we paid £36 for less than 12 hours the other year for a similar situation when we were going to France .

TRENDING THREADS