Portugal/Spain touring parks on cast.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Thinking of a December/Jan break to Portugal or Spain mid winter. Would love a site on the coast and fully serviced if possible. Not really into "family" sites with loads of kids if possible. Anyway does anyone have any experiences they can share. Also hearing about all the troubles at Calais does anyone have experience passing through without getting jumped by Hmmm who knows what trying to hitch a free ride to the UK. Main interest right now is more what suitable well run sites (with at least site water and Elec connection, if not including waste water as well) have you used yourself. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Grey13 said:
Hi. Thinking of a December/Jan break to Portugal or Spain mid winter.

I can thoroughly recommend it. I've been doing it for 23 winters. Although I've tried most places between Valencia and Faro, for the past fifteen years I've gone to Malaga Province. I leave UK at beginning of November and return home at the beginning of March. I try to use a different route through Spain each year so I can dawdle and see the sites. You can see all the routes and what to see in my blog.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grey 13, never gone to Spain or Portugal, never really had the inclination too. But travel through Calais or Dunkirk has never been a problem over the last 7 years. Sniffer dogs at the ports and now even better security.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
We spend the winter months Jan-April inc in Spain every year-sometimes staying longer. There are literally hundreds of sites that fit your criteria and very few will have kids etc on them except for Easter or festival weekends-even then they're not usually a problem. All the bigger sites will have water and electricity to the pitches and a lot have TV also-usually included.
It depends where you want to go but the main attraction areas ie Costa Blanca & Costa del sol will be pretty heavily booked by now so the prices tend to go up as space gets filled-you should still be able to get a nice site for €15 including water & tv and electricity is around 40c unit-ours usually works out about €1 a day.
If you fancy Benidorm area, Villasol is a nice site with no dogs allowed, few kids if any, and tv to the pitch included showing UK tv FoC-this is also an ASCI site so you may still get a good deal
Hope this helps
Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts