Posting a valuable item

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I need to send a control box worth about £900 for repair. To replace the box if it is lost will cost the £900 however Royal Mail only pay compensation up to £500. A bit to far to drive so wondering about other options like courier company, but do not know if they will cover compensation up to £900?

Any suggestions please? Thanks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I need to send a control box worth about £900 for repair. To replace the box if it is lost will cost the £900 however Royal Mail only pay compensation up to £500. A bit to far to drive so wondering about other options like courier company, but do not know if they will cover compensation up to £900?

Any suggestions please? Thanks.
Various courier companies offer additional insurance, best to check their websites for specific conditions. TNT offer full cover v

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If you google courier services you will find several companies including DPD that will insure up to 5000.
Incidentally it reminded me when Shiply came top of the list that I used them to get a car transported - a Dutch auction method where you record your job and wait for offers to come in and accept a bid when you think ‘the price is right’. Absolutely worked for me much cheaper than expected, and having delivered here he picked up another car locally - true logistics! I have no other contact with them so this is not spam or an ad - and I don’t know if they would take your parcel for you or only transport larger items.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts