posting times

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Morning Luke - now look, two of us have made the effort specially to get up and say hello, and where are you?? LOL

Well, I'm off to work shortly, so have a nice sleep!!! :)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Can you delete this thread please Your Moddyship, it isn't good for my health. I'm continually being woken by insomniacs firing up puters and that stupid Windows jingle at unearthly hours. They also slam doors, cupboard doors and rattle cups when making drinks.

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks gary and soozeeg i must apologise as i was feeling a little wiped out from the previous nights work that just refused to finish, and when nobody posted back i went off to my tv and that puts me to sleep everytime,i should say i am ashamed of my lack of commitment to the forum and to those of you who stayed up specially.

Lord B im nothing if not polite and VERY careful to leave the laptop on standby so as not to wake anybody,i neither close or for that matter slam any doors and only drink from my plastic water bottle to keep the noise down, so you can see that its clearly not me that keeping you awake and it MUST be somebody else.

That said if i was not such a nice fellow i might have no other choice but to take offence to your comment but im willing to accept that your obviously mistaken in this matter and shall give you another chance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning Luke. I'm with you mate; fellow nightshift worker 21:45 - 06:00hrs. Been doing this for 7 years now, purely financial reasons at the beginning, but now I've got extremely used to the boss not being around!

I doubt if I will be able to get on this web site for much longer due to the GM IT gestapo realising what I do all night (well some of the night anyway)!!

Mark

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
By the way i got caught for training course yesterday and today so im all out of sorts,better go to bed shortly or i wont be my usual happy self 2moro.

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Good morning Mark , what a pleasent change to have another person online at night. ive been on the night shift for the last 19 years start at 6pm and clock off at 4am and stay on call till 6am and have a strange problem that i cant say no to overtime. My better half tells me that i married her and went to work to get away from her, all i can say is that she always looks like an angel with a smile on her face every time i come home( nothing to do with the fact that she is sound asleep).

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Now that i have your moddyships undivided attention, might i politely nudge you too my other posts in the overseas parks and equipment sections ,that is of course if your very bored and feel like chatting. thanks luke

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good morning Mark , what a pleasent change to have another person online at night. ive been on the night shift for the last 19 years start at 6pm and clock off at 4am and stay on call till 6am and have a strange problem that i cant say no to overtime. My better half tells me that i married her and went to work to get away from her, all i can say is that she always looks like an angel with a smile on her face every time i come home( nothing to do with the fact that she is sound asleep).
This is my third stint of nights since I started at GM back in 1980, but it's my longest stretch.

My good wife is awake when I get home at 6:30, with my breakfast already poured out in the bowl waiting for me......god bless her.

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi Luke

I'm normally on line between 4-6 am but do not stop by this site daily.

Off you go to bed now, it's nearly time - us insomniacs will carry on alone:)

Barking

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
He must be elsewhere Luke! Just dragged myself out of bed :-( - hubby woke me up with a cup of tea before he went to work, I'll be leaving about 6.15 for my work. At least it's getting light now, hate getting up in winter when it's still the middle of the night!!!

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Good morning Soozeeg your spot on its getting bright in the mornings and that means summer holidays are getting closer, and on that note i should sneak quietly into bed and try not to disturb my peacefully sleeping wife, who does not stay very peaceful if i manage to wake her. Have good day luke

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Luke, at least it's a short shift at work for me, I finish at 10.30 am on Fridays, so the rest of the day will be good hopefully!! Have a good sleep!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
His Sue - found a new buddy now have you? At one time you were friendly with the old crowd but now some one new is on the block you do not want to know the "old" friends - I can take a hint. Incidentally they have just opened a LARGE, BRIGHT, NEW ASDA store in Bridgend so "very little helps" is now helpless.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Luke as a newbie you are having a go at me something rotten - as a rookie you must respect your seniors. I note this is the second derogatory remark in as many minutes - any more and I will have to have words with Mr. Mod. - even a cabbage has a heart.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Well, hello Colin my dear, long time no speak. How are you keeping? And as for Very Little Helps -v- Asda - well, I know where I'd rather shop, and it wouldn't be where I work!!

So when are you coming back to join us again Colin? ;-)

Luke, my new friend (as Colin says, LOL!!), so sorry for hijacking your thread to say hello to an old friend. Why don't you come and have a look at our forum (www.carryoncamping.org) - you might find people to talk to at odd hours there!! :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alternatively Luke you may find odd people to talk to there LOL.

Hi Sue - great to hear from you again - us "old" friends must stick together and not be influenced by these rookies hehehe

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Alternatively Luke you may find odd people to talk to there LOL.

Hi Sue - great to hear from you again - us "old" friends must stick together and not be influenced by these rookies hehehe
Colin, are you calling me odd??? (shocked smiley icon thingy)

Shame on you, and I thought you were a friend (albeit an OLD one, LOL).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sue - please accept my apology - I was in no way referring to you as being "odd" in any shape or form, I have the greatest respect for you as you must full well remember. I just so happened to comment that Luke could happen to find some odd correspondents on that forum

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Sue - please accept my apology - I was in no way referring to you as being "odd" in any shape or form, I have the greatest respect for you as you must full well remember. I just so happened to comment that Luke could happen to find some odd correspondents on that forum
LOL Colin - no apology required! There are, of course, no 'odd' correspondents on here............hehehe!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts