power supply unit

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Steve,

My first assumption would be that the circuit breaker is working correctly and doing its job. In those circumstances it has detected a fault condition (probably uneven power flow compared between the supply and return). I would consult a competent electrician.

Cheers

Mike A

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't know about RCD's but MCB's when they trip only drop the lever half way down, it won't then reset if pushed back up from this position, it has to first be pushed all the way down and then back up.

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Don't know about RCD's but MCB's when they trip only drop the lever half way down, it won't then reset if pushed back up from this position, it has to first be pushed all the way down and then back up.
Its fixed all I had to do was to pull all the plugs out of there sockets & reset. Thanks for all your help, Happy days :eek:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I would check you appliances by plugging them in one at a time just to make sure none has a fault.

One may have a leakage to earth!

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Gary is correct, some rcbs require the switch to be taken fully to the off position to enable a reset.

If a circuit is faulty, i would expect the breaker to trip, as you have already checked the trip via the test button.

I dont see a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts