Powertouch Mover

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My problem is when I am moving the caravan around with the mover after a while when I press a button the mover stops working even though the green light is still on. The caravan battery shows a good charge, it is not the handset battery, I am standing close to the caravan so it is not the signal. The mover is under two years old. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you solve it?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi David, had a similar problem last time I was out not gong to say it will solve your problem but if you press one of the buttons (not sure which one now) but it acts as an emergency stop/cut out, switch off by the battery leave it 5 to 10 minutes and reset, hope this helps

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
If Sir G's suggestion doesn't work just give them a ring and talk to their technical chaps who I'm sure will talk you through the problem and get an engineer out if they can't help over the phone.

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
i forgot to say when it happens i switch of handset and switch it on again and it works perfect again but surely it should not cut out in first place

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
two and half years old damian size110. just meter at van door. i thought if it was the batray the mover would not kick in whenever i switched the handset .back on again .checked voltage in van tonight showing a reading of 12.5. thats after van being moved about drive and lying for a week without receiving a charge

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest that it is the battery.
The on board voltage indicators are not very accurate as they are not calibrated in any way and I feel that if you check the battery voltage with a multimeter, you will find it lower than indicated.

The mover needs a very good battery to allow it to work, the manufacturer recommends 110ah, but more inportant is the state of the battery, its Cold Cranking Amps figure, and whether that power is being delivered on demand , for which a Drop Test would be a good idea, also as an indicator is to put a multimeter on the battery terminals and see what the voltage does when the mover is operated (with the rollers OFF the wheels!) the voltage should initially drop a little but recover quickly, if the battery is good.
If not, the voltage may well drop well below the required needs of the mover.and stay low.

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
thanks again damian for your helpfull advice it looks like i will have to invest in new battray.disapointed as it was supposed to be a good brand and was only over 2 years old could you recommend a good brand battray.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A question which may save you the expense of a new battery.........how do you charge the one you have?
Do you rely on the on board charger alone?
Do you take the battery off and put it on a smart charger at times, like over winter?

If you only use the on board charger, and its not one of the latest "Smart" PSU/Charger units, then you are only charging it to about 3/4 of its full capacity , and that is because the older charge units only charge to 13.5v, whereas the battery needs to be taken to 14.8v to desulphate it, then brought down to a float charge level of 13.8v.

It is worth investing in a smart charger to keep your battery in top condition.

If you have your battery drop tested to determine if any cells have become damaged and find you do need a new battery then the following is a pretty good battery, just check th esize wil fit in your battery compartment.

http://www.batteries4leisure.co.uk/battery/Lucas-Dual-Purpose-Leisure-Battery-110Ah-LX31MF/51/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts