Powertouch movers motors rubber boots

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Has any one had to replace the rubber boots that protect the electrical connections on the movers?

I have had two sets in six years and am about to order my third, I believe the compound of the boots is the wrong material this causes them to crack and degrade. Have had the same problem with seals around the flues on boilers the collar outside.

This has been put down to UV rays and the pluming from condensing boilers.

Would be interested to hear if others have replaced the protective boots.

pmb

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I replaced one some years ago when the mover had not been fitted long (within the warranty period I suspect). They sent me two foc I recall. Just been out to look and one of them has failed and is hanging down. Now , what did I do with the other one?

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
For anything rubber that is exposed to weather, just coat it in Waxoyl which will keep it supple.

Used it on the concertina boot on the steering arms of the car and years ago on the boot covering the UJ. Never had either type of boot fail in any way.

It is also good stuff to put on your car suspension spring seats, on the rubber bushes on the anti-roll bar mounts, and on the suspension wishbone bushes as well. Not only keeps them flexible but allows them to move more freely giving a quieter, smoother, and more comfortable ride. It even stops the associated bits of metal from rusting!

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I have purchased a can of Waxoyl (clear) recently and on the back of the can there is the following:
Caution: Do not apply to stressed plastic body mouldings or rubber trim.

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The price of these rubber boots are way too expensive,both of mine have gone and when i was at the show i spoke to a powrtouch salesman and even he didn`t understand why they are so pricey,i am thinking of going down the inner tube route as a fix but does anyone know what size to use,the circumference of the motor is 13cm.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
With a circumference of 13cm you are looking at a diameter of just over 4cm which seems rather small to me for the motor diameter of the movers I had. If you mean inches rather than cm do motorbikes or scooters still use inner tubes, or even small trailer/wheelbarrow wheels.

These may fit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts