Powrtouch mover

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, I bought a second hand twin axle caravan in 2015. The van is a 2006 Compass Rallye and has been very well kept. It has a Powrtouch mover on all 4 wheels. Its an auto engage hand set operated and up until recently has been fine. I had a problem with the leisure battery so bought a new one last year. 115amp. recently after engaging the mover its been cutting out. moving only an inch or two but in that inch or two its been drifting off to the left. I thought that I may have bought a duff battery but after seeing something on a forum I tried just spinning the rollers without them attached to the wheels and I note one is not turning. I'm therefore assuming that if it does not turn its sticking so thus cutting out the mover.
I've emailed powrtouch and hope they will get back to me. Do you think it will be an easy fix. Anyone had similar in the past??

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Changing the battery should not effect the operation of the mover, unless you have dislodged a connection somewhere. If all connections are OK then there is likely to be a control unit fault.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark
Have you changed the batteries in the hand controller?
Have you checked all wires are connected at the control unit?
Have you checked power is reaching the control unit?
If yes have you checked power is reaching the actuator mechanism and the motor?
Please let us know the final solution :)

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
hi, I have not done wiring checks as I'm not skilled in that area and I don't have the equipment but the hand set works as it is turning 3 out of the 4 rotors so I'm assuming its a fault on that 4th rotor

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
Tech department rang me and asked me if I have a technical rubber mallet and if so give it a whack while spinning the rotors. Well it was like a magic wand. The rubber gators are split so I'll get some large cable ties to hold them together. Happy days folks

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like the motor brushes have stuck in their guides..
This is a common problem with motors of this type, it can be an indication that the brushes have worn down to so much that the spring applying the pressure are at their limit. If it happens again I suggest giving the motor a clean up and new set of brushes.
You don't need the hassle of pushing a ton and half of caravan around!

By replacing the brushes early can save wear on the commutator.

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I was talking generally about motors of the type used in a motor mover. I suggest you get in touch with manufacturers and ask if they can supply motor brushes. Some motors are designed in such a way that brushes cannot be replaced easily. The only way out of this problem is to change the motor.

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Here is a link to powrwheel on changing brushes.
http://www.powrwheel.com/pdf/Replacing%20Motor%20Brush%20-%20Model%201,2,3,4,5,6,7,Classic.pdf

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
The spade connectors on the motors can get dirty as they are near all of the muck. Wriggle them about and see if this clears the problem. If so fit the cables with new crimped spade connectors.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts