Powrtouch on front or back axle of twin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Commited to a Powrtouch moter mover during the Manchester show. The only question open is should it be fitted to the front or the back axle of my Spectrum twin. If on the front the jockey wheel would need to go down with less chance to dig in and if on the back the jockey wheel goes up. The only other consideration is that on the back the rollers get all the mud from the wheels. Any experience or comments? Theo

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
If it is on the rear manual movement if required would be easier as you could raise the jockey wheel to lift the front wheels off the ground, i.e. if moving the van into a very restricted space. Can be done with motor mover but is very slow when turning. A push on the side maqy help. Disadvantage on the rear is that it may collect all the mud etc thrown up by the wheels.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Theo, I do not have detailed knowledge of teh POwer Touch products The manufactures instructions will tell you how and where to fit the mover. Also do not try to fit a mover deigend for a single axel van to a twin, it just won't have the necessary power and control.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've got a Powrtouch mover fitted to the front pair of wheels on my twin-axle Heritage. Does a good job - as you definitely will never move a twin-axle by hand! however, be aware that turning a twin-axle will still be a slower process than a single (you'll never 'spin' it!). I don't think lifting one pair of wheels off the ground is very viable - you could end up with a very strained jockey shaft/bracket as there is a lot of weight on the front chassis of vans this size. If the shaft bends while your nose is up, you could have a problem as the wheel may not wind down again? Maybe someone with experience of a mover fitted to the rear wheels may be able to offer advice? In conclusion, I definitely endorse the usefulness of a mover on a large van, it will get you in and out of difficult/tight situations, but don;t expect miracles....you should really be able to do most of the manouvering with the car!! Richard

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts