Powrwheel Powrmover

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone had the 'grip' around the roller disintegrate? This has just happened on our powrmover on its first outing. No problem with Powrwheel changing the rollers just suprised that it happened.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pete,

Yes I had the same problem with my carver mover.The material used on the original rollers was like a sandpaper used on band type sanders which turned out to be useless after having a certain amount of damp wet and damp on it ,look at your rollers now and they have like a pvc coating over the gritty bits that grip the tyres.Would not be without my mover,moey well spent I believe.Happy Caravanning. Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can't answer for the manufacturer, but I do know that the process used to adhere the grit to the rollers needs to be carried out very carefully, otherwise the grit will come away quite easily. As with all manufacturing occasionally some thing may have gone wrong with a batch. Best to get in touch with your supplier, and ask them to replace the rollers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Touch wood my Powrtouch rollers are still sound after 3 seasons. If you are going far from home, take a sheet of the coarsest abrasive cloth you can get (try Screwfix) and a pack of rapidset Araldite plus some meths (to degrease things, not to drink) Then you can recoat the roller in the short term and keep going, while Powrtouch honor their warranty (as i'm sure they will) with new ones. I have a feeling some types of rough pot scourers would do the same job. Could be the subject for an engineering undergraduate project here.

After use on gravel etc, always worth a couple of minutes to clean off the roller surface before all the crud bakes on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts