powys , mid wales.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we are looking at this area for half term particularly around the staylittle (or there abouts) area of powys. we don't mind what kind of site, be it 5 van or large commercial. it just has to be nice! so, has anyone have any favourite sites around here?

cheers, .dave

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
My favourite is the C.C. site at Doldowlod, just outside of Newbridge on Wye .dave.

There is a lovely walk from the site along the River Wye, also it has a childrens play area. No shower block though but it does have electrics.

Its not far from the market town of Rhayader and the scenic Elan Valley and its dams(about 4 dams in total).

You could drive along whats known as the mountain road from Rhayader to Devils Bridge and have a ride on the Vale of Rheidol narrow guage railway to Aberystwyth, it takes 1 hour each way and from memory the price isn't too bad.

You may spot the Red Kites to, at Gigrin Farm, just outside Rhayader they have a feeding station where you can go and view them.

The site isn't that far from me so we tend to go there if we only have 3 days.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My favourite is the C.C. site at Doldowlod, just outside of Newbridge on Wye .dave.

There is a lovely walk from the site along the River Wye, also it has a childrens play area. No shower block though but it does have electrics.

Its not far from the market town of Rhayader and the scenic Elan Valley and its dams(about 4 dams in total).

You could drive along whats known as the mountain road from Rhayader to Devils Bridge and have a ride on the Vale of Rheidol narrow guage railway to Aberystwyth, it takes 1 hour each way and from memory the price isn't too bad.

You may spot the Red Kites to, at Gigrin Farm, just outside Rhayader they have a feeding station where you can go and view them.

The site isn't that far from me so we tend to go there if we only have 3 days.
cheers for that Lord B. there seems to be a shortage of sites available to c&c members and we were discussing about wether it may be worth joining the cc, as its only thirty odd quid its odds on. ta again, .dave

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just come back from CC site Gwern-y-Bwlch, about 6 milesfrom Staylittle. No loos etc but electric, very quiet and lots of birds. Small shop in village and supermarket about 9 miles away. There is also a commercial site at Llanbrynmair in the Camping Club book that has 15 touer pitches and looked very nice. If you go there the visitor centre at Llyn Clewidog is wortha visit fro a cup of tea with a wonderful view.

Enjoy mid Wales

TRENDING THREADS