Practical Caravan Beware!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't want to throw a spanner in the works as I will continue to buy and read "Practical caravan" (they are testing my car, the Sorento!), but (big BUT), have you read the new "Which caravan magazine"? I have, a lot less adverts, much more information, so much like Practical Caravan of old! You have a fight on your hands PC, lets make it clean and fair eh ;)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Where did you get a copy from? Tried to find copy of this mag but as yet no luck. I am not going to abandon PC but would love to check this one out. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Where did you get a copy from? Tried to find copy of this mag but as yet no luck. I am not going to abandon PC but would love to check this one out. Thanks
I have seen them on the shelf at Morrisons, but you can order one copy at a time online.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Which Caravan has page after page of new van reviews and old van reviews at the expense of everything else.

We subscribe to PC and the old Caravan Life but won't be renewing with Which Caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree. PC is getting boring to read of late. I know adverts keep the price down but do we really need page after page of them. I wonder if the Editor takes much notice of his/her readers. I havent had a chance to see the new mag yet, but will look out for it and give it a look see.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Ever since we started caravanning back in 1984 we have relied on "Practical caravan " for finding sites and the useful advise they give in the monthly magazine. Sure I was one of those who commented about the Mitsibushi adds etc, but they do have to get revenue from somewhere. Using the site finder and the 100 sites book etc I planned a tour of Scotland last year and that was most successful.

I don't think I'll be changing to the competition.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I started buying Practical Caravaning in the hope that PRACTICAL would be reflected in the contents. Is it me or has anyone else noticed that the practical (DIY, maintenance, repair, accessories to fit, etc.) element of the magazine is getting less and less each month. The mag. is now very much a TOURING journal with pages and pages of tours around different parts of the country. Once it arrives and I see that 'This month we feature hundred of sites in Scotland' I know I may as well throw it in the bin as I have no inclination to tour Scotland and so there will be very little in the mag. for me to read. The letters page is lively and I enjoy the Doug King's practical page but after that I am getting bored with what is left.

I am not asking PC to change as I realise that loads of you enjoy this sort of monthly magazine and I wouldn't want to spoil your enjoyment. But it is the reason why I will probably cancel my subscription and look for something that suits me a bit better.

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
perhaps its time Alex Newby read the posts on here and responded via the magazine, however its big business and would you change the format if readers were still buying and advertisers who put profit into the company were in abundance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi the mag which caravan has taken place of caravanlife to which i used to subscribe i don,t think the new format is a thret to pc i take the 3 mags each month and prefer pc of them all

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi the mag which caravan has taken place of caravanlife to which i used to subscribe i don,t think the new format is a thret to pc i take the 3 mags each month and prefer pc of them all
I have subscribed to Which Caravan for the first 6 copies but am not impressed with the one road test and pretty pictures after another.I much prefer the Practical Caravan of old with more Practical D I Y articles and less site reviews

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I stopped subscribing to PC after the second highly dangerous "Top Tip" was published (and never retracted despite my protests!)
Come on Bill. Spill the beans. You can't leave us in suspense like this???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts