Practical Caravan Subscriber Edition

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve noticed for a while now my delivered magazine is titled Subscriber Edition. Is this different from what I may buy in the shops?

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If anything DD as a subscriber you ought to get more for your money, people buying in shops will dip in and out of buying, subscribers give a regular income for the publishers, I’d ask the caravan magazine contact email or to be sure buy an extra copy from the shops and confirm, I like the PC magazine but I don’t have a subscription but I do buy it at the shop when I spot it, my reason for not subscribing is I find the magazines are so repetitive I’m happy as and when I pick one up, it’s not just PC that repeats but most hobby type magazines do.

BP

Reactions: Dustydog
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I un-subscribed from PC as I wasn't reading them, so will just buy an ad-hoc copy. However, the Subscriber Edition is just a different front cover which removes all the headlines to entice purchase. I subscribed to Total Film for many years and they did the same thing [also Future Publishing] .

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I think it was conceived on April 1st! Actually it is less useful as looking through back numbers for a specific article or review that might have shown on the front cover is no longer there. Still hopefully the photographer gets extra royalties for the full page display!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can see you do get a different front cover, but nothing else. Not sure that will sell any more but only the publishers can tell you.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't bother with either, I have got fed up with both clubs magazines, nothing new, just maybe a few new Cl/cs sites. When new people askma question, we just get end up with an argument beween certain people, (myself at times) and then The Prof, states rules and regs, ( get a service engineer ) if he has nothing to help.
Sorry folk , no wonder why the new folk ask one question and then disapear, from the forum.

Reactions: Buckman and Anseo
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do accept there can be a problem with answering some questions when opinions differ. I hope we are giving different options though when trying to help as in many cases there is no single answer.
I am afraid that people with problems are a regular feature of forums, they come on because they need an answer and are not interested in the general chat, they do keep the forum throughput up though, so it is not all bad. If you take them out it might be rather quiet on here.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought, I wonder if the paper they are printed on might be different, a slightly lighter grade for sending through the post.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Got the latest edition yesterday, and have had a quick look at it. I am pleased to say it looks to be getting back to what it was before the lockdown caused so many problems.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I agree Raywood, hopefully this is a sign of better things to come as the magazine, especially new articles, has been somewhat thin over the past year!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts