Practical Caravan TV

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Earlier this evening I set Practical Caravan TV to record on my TV set, for Sky 192. The info showed among other things, the towing test of the Jaguar F-Pace. When the Caravan Finder programme finished, I sat back to watch Practical Caravan TV and on came some other programme, and I could find no trace of my pre-recording selection. What has happened? Have we lost Practical Caravan TV from Showcase now?

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I think you might find that along with Caravan Finder channel more than likely they have changed channels again, personally I stopped watching them fed up of repeats and same old format to the shows, my gripe is on the caravan channel programme they show plenty of used caravans for sale but never the nasty things to look for like damp,

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
camel said:
I think you might find that along with Caravan Finder channel more than likely they have changed channels again, personally I stopped watching them fed up of repeats and same old format to the shows, my gripe is on the caravan channel programme they show plenty of used caravans for sale but never the nasty things to look for like damp,
Thanks! Strange though, that I am right now looking at tonight's Sky TV listings and Following Caravan Finder TV is Practical Motorhome TV, two episodes. No mention of Practical Caravan TV, BUT - the programmes that were shown are not in the listings. I have also just gone through the complete Sky list and Practical Cravan TV is not anywhere, so I think the programmes may have been pulled.

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Mystery partly solved. Checked this morning and Practical Caravan TV is scheduled next Monday in its usual slot of 8pm. Seems like the "PTV" (Property Question Time) series of programmes bulldozed PCTV out of its place last night. I wont hold my breath for next Monday though.... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Here I am again. Four days ago, as I advised, I found that Practical Caravan TV was scheduled for its usual slot at 8pm Monday. I have just checked and the rubbish PTV is now scheduled for 8om Monday instead. Is it possible someone from PCVan can advise just what is going on? I have trawled the programme listings and cannot find Practical Caravan TV on any other channel. So I suppose it is back to watching it on the PC?

TIA

Pete

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm afraid that both programmes don't give you any practical info , reviews on new caravans never point out what faults you are likely to find with a new caravan, and caravan finder keep finding used and second hand caravans with no mention of damp or the age of tyres, boring programmes and format , never been the same since John Wickersham past away now he did know his stuff,

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
camel said:
I'm afraid that both programmes don't give you any practical info , reviews on new caravans never point out what faults you are likely to find with a new caravan, and caravan finder keep finding used and second hand caravans with no mention of damp or the age of tyres, boring programmes and format , never been the same since John Wickersham past away now he did know his stuff,
Fully agree regarding the lack of technical info in the programmes. However, we do like the reviews of the facilities in the various models, also Motty's tests are very good, he tells it like it is warts and all. The most annoying thing is the lack of info as to why the programmes keep being shifted off and what is the point of them being advertised in the schedules if they are not going to be broadcast?

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
The person who is now putting bright ideas forward for this website might be the person to contact, the mods seem to be well in with this organisation they might be able to find something out but don't hold your breath, just keep flicking between the shopping channels and you might find the Practical caravan channel tucked away between the jewellery channel and QVC which is where it belongs,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I accept that the reviews are not particularly critical but before buying I think you would see one and see if it suits you. The reviews do show you the basic caravan and can help you decide if it is worth a look or not and you might just be interested in looking more than anything else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts