Prepaid Cards Foreign Travel

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Barclaycard offer a card that provides both normal credit card facilities and no charges for use abroad. I think Halifax also offer this so a another card would not be needed as I read the details. .

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
We use Revolut. The exchange rate is better than high street banks. You can hold multiple currencies. Easy to top up from your current account. When we return I transfer any left over money into revolut savings accounts. Low interest but better than nothing.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What we found with pre-paid cards is that most fuel pumps will not accept them. Also using them at Morrisons was a real hassle, but this was years ago so may have changed.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
There are Visa cards that offer a good exchange rate on overseas transactions with no fees - like Halifax Clarity. You can read your statements and make appropriate transfers from abroad or as said in the thread set up a DD to cover the monthly sum. Not sure I see a benefit in a prepaid card therefore.

TRENDING THREADS