Price hike !

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Evening all ,
Just been reading Club magazine and I have just learnt that they are putting their prices up next year which I'm not too happy about as I think some of the sites are over priced as it is now !

But if you book before the 5th of December I think for next year you will get this year's prices before they go up !

That's generous off them !!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
So that's loads of people booking weekends now going to book in advance "just in case" now :angry:
You are right Craig,if you book before 5th Dec you get it at this years prices.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Evening all ,
Just been reading Club magazine and I have just learnt that they are putting their prices up next year which I'm not too happy about as I think some of the sites are over priced as it is now !

But if you book before the 5th of December I think for next year yoiiiu will get this year's prices before they go up !

That's generous off them !!
hy

Not totally unexpected given electricity and Gas prices have risen and the increases in national minimum wages. The price increases are low and the Club sites are of a very good standard. There has also been a lot of investment in aspects such as hard standings, facility blocks, features to attract younger families and even to accommodate those from the " dark side" plus new Club sites opened to meet increased demand. 50000+ new members. A lot of Commercial sites are also of good quality these days but the negative for some is the need to pay deposits and full fees up front especially in high season.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I agree OC ,I only use camc sites in the cheaper months and think they're very good value for families,I use commercial sites for main summer hols as better value,pools and free wifi etc...essential if a family like us. I think it'll be a 25%rise.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Brasso530 said:
I agree OC ,I only use camc sites in the cheaper months and think they're very good value for families,I use commercial sites for main summer hols as better value,pools and free wifi etc...essential if a family like us. I think it'll be a 25%rise.

Reading the latest Club magazine I can't see any reference to a 25% price rise. Nothing in the AGM and Treasurers report either. The bit where they say book now at 2018 prices mentions increased utility and operational costs leading to a small price increase. 2019 price bands are due to be announced early in the new year. 2.5% might be more appropriate.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Oc ,
As it happens I thought 25% was quite a large increase especially if you think if you have a few kids , that is putting quite a bit on a weekend away !
I've just emailed them to ask .

I do agree that the upgrades of work that has gone on on the sites upgrades is fabulous but I wouldn't thought it would take long to get the money back as when were at Knaresborough a few weeks ago they were queuing to get on the site and it was full and it's the first time I've actually been told you Must Be off 12pm time . Constantly full .

Someone points of some certain certified locations where you must pay a deposit or send a check upfront really gets my hair's up on the back of my neck (and theres not many) is when they charge you £2.50 for porch awning and more for full awning when you still got the same amount of size pitch !

Craig .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I saw the information in the magazine and having already booked some sites for next year will make a small saving. The explanation of further costs means either the club did not allow sufficient for these when setting next years fees or they have been caught by things turning out even higher than they expected. There is however a list of sites where there is no increase.
The increase is regrettable but I assume is justified. The sites are not cheap, but when compared with a range of sites, rather than odd examples, they are not far off average, and a lot cheaper than some the magazine promotes. We tended to use club sites exclusively although last year we used some non club sites when they appeared more suitable and had no problems but did check them out first.

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
Reviewing our touring stops during this year shows that we didn't stop on any CMC sites. We used 5 CMC CL, 2 private, 2 C&CC CS and 1 C&CC site.

Most were chosen for location but I can remember rejecting a couple of CMC sites just on high cost grounds.

One of the private sites required a deposit and the other total payment in advance and another, that we had to miss because of illness, required payment in full because I couldn't give any notice of our cancelling. Several of the CL, one of the CS, and the C&CC required a deposit, something I don't have any problem with.

When booking a site I do take note of the total cost rather than how the charge is made up, and it's that total on which the decision to stay or miss is made.

It seems that our CMC membership may now simply be to allow us the use of CL sites, plus the Mayday breakdown cover rather than other club facilities.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think we have only stayed on a CAC site once last year, only membership to both clubs for the use of CL /CS sites, private sites seem to be more usual now.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The CC know that due to Brexit many people will probably holiday local that is within the UK so they have decided to cash in and also make up for the money wasted on the rebrand.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Buckman said:
The CC know that due to Brexit many people will probably holiday local that is within the UK so they have decided to cash in and also make up for the money wasted on the rebrand.

Whilst I also think the rebrand was OTT and the new signs almost impossible to discern for CLs, you should read the AGM Treasurers Report and see the details of where money went, and what the overall finances look like. We have booked site for new year and it is commercial, and the price has gone up 6%. Now you cannot convince me me that Brexit has affected that one.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have looked at different sites which aren't caravan Club sites and although they look nice by the time you price them and then they ask extra for awnings it works out a lot more expensive than what the caravan Club sites actually are .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
otherclive said:
Buckman said:

Whilst I also think the rebrand was OTT and the new signs almost impossible to discern for CLs, you should read the AGM Treasurers Report and see the details of where money went, and what the overall finances look like. We have booked site for new year and it is commercial, and the price has gone up 6%. Now you cannot convince me me that Brexit has affected that one.

Hmm! Thought most would realised it was very tongue in cheek. :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
IThe 2019 prices haven’t been announced but if the large increase in new members start to use main sites then utilisation should increase and perhaps 2020 will see no increase. :)

Assuming that is that you can get a pitch.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A friend tonight said, He has been a member for over 25 years, and on that anniversary, all he got was a sticker for the caravan,
After that long should the Annual fee not be waived.
They still pay pitch fees. No discounts etc.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have read that British visitor numbers to sites in the Aude/Carcassonne dropped 27% between 2015-17. Whether those reductions went elsewhere in France wasn’t reported. But talking to some friends yesterday they have booked for four weeks in summer in Spain near to Barcelona. They have been visiting France for years and said it has become increasingly expensive, especially site fees and eating out. As the latter is a part of their holiday they have decided to holiday in Spain.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
A friend tonight said, He has been a member for over 25 years, and on that anniversary, all he got was a sticker for the caravan,
After that long should the Annual fee not be waived.
They still pay pitch fees. No discounts etc.

I got the 30 year one recently and I have no problem with it. If the club gives away free membership or something similar for aniverseries. they would have to recover the cost from somewhere, so there is no point.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
I have read that British visitor numbers to sites in the Aude/Carcassonne dropped 27% between 2015-17. Whether those reductions went elsewhere in France wasn’t reported. But talking to some friends yesterday they have booked for four weeks in summer in Spain near to Barcelona. They have been visiting France for years and said it has become increasingly expensive, especially site fees and eating out. As the latter is a part of their holiday they have decided to holiday in Spain.

OC I have never booked a site in France through the CMC or CAC, due to the high cost private sites much better, Thats for us, No kids and two dogs, so just us to entertain. Only booked two sites in the last 4 years over there, just get to a site just after lunch. Lucky maybe. :kiss:

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Craigiyoung,
Your quite right,club prices have increased to such a level it's sometimes cheaper going to a commercial site or even roughing it in an hotel!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a new Cl site recently opened in Leyburn in Yorkshire , class , will report back in a few days with pictires for £14 per night ! Lush , if people know where lowerr wensleydale club site is , its 2oo meters opposite , with better views & cheaper B)

And great views .

Happy Easter all

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
I'm on a new Cl site recently opened in Leyburn in Yorkshire , class , will report back in a few days with pictires for £14 per night ! Lush , if people know where lowerr wensleydale club site is , its 2oo meters opposite , with better views & cheaper B)

And great views .

Happy Easter all

Still taking the ugly tablets then. :p Enjoy it Craig. Weathers great.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Craig's happy :)

I hope to be enjoying myself like you are come next Thursday Craig.

In the meantime, carry on regardless and don't run out of Red :p

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Craigyoung said:

And great views .

Happy Easter all

Still taking the ugly tablets then. :p Enjoy it Craig. Weathers great.

Wondered if Alan Shearer had a twin brother.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts