Problem with awning

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Having taken some considerable time to look at a variety of awnings from various manufacturers we decided to purchase a Herzog Atlantis from Jeff Bowen awnings for our new caravan. This was paid for via our Visa debit card as we do not have a Barclaycard or other credit card.

The awning arrived later than promised and after numerous enquiries eventually we were told that it would be delivered directly to our holiday site 2 days after our arrival. We agreed to wait, stayed at the site all day but no awning appeared. Neither did it the next day so with the weather being typical of that we have had in recent weeks we had to go out and buy another.

The Herzog awning eventually arrived 5 days into our holiday and the following day we decided to put it up.It's too big for our caravan (although all details of the van were supplied)and there are numerous other problems yet the response from Jeff Bowen when we said that we'd like to return it and have a refund was that he'd be left with an awning on his hands.As it is we had a really stressful week and now have an awning that cost over £1300 that we are really not happy with. I feel that it is not fit for the purpose intended and therefore we should have a refund but the response from the retailer and supplier is extremely slow and very frustrating.

Photographs have been sent showing the problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what action we need to take to try to get a satisfactory outcome please?

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Barbara,

This is outrageous service from the supplier. Regretfully as you paid by debit card you cannot put this on dispute with the card company. I guess it boils down to the information you gave the supplier. Did you measure the van yourself? or just supply the van details?

Cheers

Nic

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Barbara,

This is outrageous service from the supplier. Regretfully as you paid by debit card you cannot put this on dispute with the card company. I guess it boils down to the information you gave the supplier. Did you measure the van yourself? or just supply the van details?

Cheers

Nic
It's a brand new van and we gave all the details directly from the manufacturer's booklet.

Barbara

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts