Problem with Cats, any tips?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We put load of gravel down few months ago reason because of the puddle we was getting outside our garage, Then one of our neighbour had this back garden done in block pavement, Since then their cats been doing their mess out side our garage, it no joke as I work 3 shift coming home late at night, you guess what happen! walk right in to it at night, it not just their cats it other doing as well, Feel like getting a gun out and shoot the ******, what can we do to stop it,
as the neighour have been keeping out of the way as they know it their cat and other doing it, HELP!!!
Thanks Trevor123

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
trevor123 said:
We put load of gravel down few months ago reason because of the puddle we was getting outside our garage, Then one of our neighbour had this back garden done in block pavement, Since then their cats been doing their mess out side our garage, it no joke as I work 3 shift coming home late at night, you guess what happen! walk right in to it at night, it not just their cats it other doing as well, Feel like getting a gun out and shoot the ******, what can we do to stop it,
as the neighour have been keeping out of the way as they know it their cat and other doing it, HELP!!!
Thanks Trevor123

Try this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Roar-Lion-Manure-Repellant/dp/B0002B7OT2 When in Africa we used the real stuff and it worked very well.

gyp

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
We have had same problem on 3 lawns . Have bought " Defenders Mega Sonic Cat Repeller " at £ 15.45 from Amazon , but also available from some garden centres and , I think , Robert Dyas on the high street
Each one uses 2 X 6RL61 9volt batteries.( I use Kodak alkaline batteries from Poundland at £1 each ) We have 3 of them !

Worked well , stopping messing within 2 days and continue to do so after 2 years . Cats actually cross our road to avoid us.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
First neighbour
First off bang on neighbours door, ask him what he is going to do about it?
I did and within a couple of hours he returned with the ultrasonic battery operated cat repeller. AT HIS EXPENSE!
Read the instructions and gave it back to him, Not suitable as I have a dog!!!
He then returned a while later with all sorts of liqiud's and gel's AT HIS EXPENSE!
Seemed to work for a couple of months then they moved
smiley-smile.gif

2nd Neighbour
There not quite so understanding.
So Got my Devon Shovel out of the shed, which has a long handle on it about 4' long, pick up cat mess and heave it as far up his garden as possible.
Also spray the cat full blast with hose pipe as often as possible and he stays away for a couple of weeks.
Havent mastered this one yet as the damm thing sits on the fence with our dog barking at him.

But the argument is why should you have to pay for anything to get rid off them.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I don't have a cat but the neighbours have lots. There is an upside to cats; I have never had mice in my van. The cats have now designated your garden as their loo, by smell, so get whatever smelly cat repellent you need to persuade them to do their business elsewhere, but don't drive the cats off completely. (Unless you don't store your van at home, in which case do what Kev said!)
mel

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
First neighbour
I did and within a couple of hours he returned with the ultrasonic battery operated cat repeller. AT HIS EXPENSE!
He then returned a while later with all sorts of liqiud's and gel's AT HIS EXPENSE!
smiley-smile.gif

2nd Neighbour
So Got my Devon Shovel out of the shed, which has a long handle on it about 4' long, pick up cat mess and heave it as far up his garden as possible.
Also spray the cat full blast with hose pipe as often as possible and he stays away for a couple of weeks.
Havent mastered this one yet as the damm thing sits on the fence with our dog barking at him.

But the argument is why should you have to pay for anything to get rid off them.
A layer of grease along the top of the fence is quite satisfying as you know the neighbours are going to have a right mess on their carpets!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Gagakev said:
First neighbour
smiley-smile.gif

2nd Neighbour

A layer of grease along the top of the fence is quite satisfying as you know the neighbours are going to have a right mess on their carpets!!

Good idea except that you will liable for cleaning their carpet such is the law!
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello

The first thing to say is that if you trawl the Internet for information about the law concerning cats and their owners, you must be careful as you will find many articles about it and often from other countries where the law is very different.

Secondly most of the replies are opinions and may not actually correctly reflect the UK laws on these matters.

However there is an organisation whose publications are probably the most believable and whilst being for the protection of cats rather than the protection from cats, they have probably distilled the law most effectively. It may not tell you what you can do, but it guide you on what you can't do.

Look up:-

http://www.countycatteries.co.uk/pdf/catlaw-cp.pdf

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If the problem is on the access for the car to your garage you have a problem. If you are not driving over the area try cuttings off rose bushes or other spikey plants where it goes.

TRENDING THREADS