Problem with forum posts failing to appear.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There appears to be a problem with the website at the moment.
This sort of thing often happens when incompatible software utilises hidden text somewhere on the website.
I've no way of knowing for sure what's causing the problem but Microsoft Word often causes forum posts to disappear, so if anyone is using a text editor to pre-edit their posts please type directly onto the reply box, click 'Disable Rich Text' to carry out a spell check and click on 'Preview' if more editing is needed.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The problem appears to have started here
Unfortunately I can't get in to remove the animated cartoon which has caused the problem
smiley-undecided.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Issue is still occuring as when you click on a new post, all you get is a blank screen, however if you click to see al posts the missing ones appear. Not my computer etc.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Simon
If you are using Internet Explorer this may be the cause of the problem.
IE9 is not compatible with some websites because the IE format is not compliant with modern coding, you will find instructions on how to activate the IE compatibility in the sticky post at the top of this forum page, or alternatively you could use a modern browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome which work with modern websites.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts