Problems with Bradcott Modul-Air

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if anybody has a bradcott Modul-AiR awning. We have tried to use this awning twice now without success. First time the middle roof beam is where our caravan door opens and the door rubbed on it. ( the only way to avoid this is to move the awning along which means you cannot use the awning channel at the back of the caravan. The second time we tried the ground at side of the van run up slightly away from the van which means the leg beam at one corner could not inflate correctly causing one end to be totally unmanageable and totally stretched causing all sorts of problems.
My conclusion is that this type of air awning has many restrictions and not practical in most camp field conditions where the ground is not perfectly flat.
This should be highlighted to a prospective buyer when selling this type of awning.
I think I will revert back to a conventional awning. Unless anyone has any advice or tips appreciated.
Many thanks in anticipation, JHS

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Agree that air awnings can be a bit more problematic on uneven pitches. Not aware of many using a Bradcot on the Forum but hope you get some assistance. Have you tried contacting Bradcot

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, thank you for your reply so far,
I have a 2016 Stirling Eccles moonstone .
The awning is very good in some ways but this issue with the uneven ground and the fact that the air frame is just not forgiving or adjustable to cope is very disappointing. Also getting the sides to fix snug to the side of the caravan is also an issue! ( I am aware that limpet fixing systems are available but it would have been better if bradcot had addressed the issue and designed a little more material to allow a close fit ( everything is at such a stretch and the lack of a little slack at the fixing side means you cannot make a reasonable close seal to the van!
Thanks again,
JHS

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have just brought a brand new 2021 Vango Capella 220 Air that comes with the draught seal it will be snug to our caravan i know it not a Bradcott Modul Air i hope you can do something with yours .and you get the advice you are looking for

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if anybody has a bradcott Modul-AiR awning. We have tried to use this awning twice now without success. First time the middle roof beam is where our caravan door opens and the door rubbed on it. ( the only way to avoid this is to move the awning along which means you cannot use the awning channel at the back of the caravan. The second time we tried the ground at side of the van run up slightly away from the van which means the leg beam at one corner could not inflate correctly causing one end to be totally unmanageable and totally stretched causing all sorts of problems.
My conclusion is that this type of air awning has many restrictions and not practical in most camp field conditions where the ground is not perfectly flat.
This should be highlighted to a prospective buyer when selling this type of awning.
I think I will revert back to a conventional awning. Unless anyone has any advice or tips appreciated.
Many thanks in anticipation, JHS
When you brought this awning did you buy Pack of 2 Aluminium Rear Support Poles and for a Modul - Air Awnings that would help it to be snug to your caravan.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi and yes I have the two poles, they fit close to the van at ground level but at the top the fabric pulls them away from the van by about 3 to 4 inches.
Not good I’m afraid.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
We tried a Bradcot after the disastrous Kampa. The door fouled the airbeam too when the awning was in the correct position so we abandoned it and went back to poles

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts