problems with finding awning size

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
hi all, hope someone can help. i own, a 1996, bailey ranger 500/5

i have had problems getting an awning for it, simply due to not actually knowing what size i need.

i measured it about 4 years ago, and remember getting a size of about 942. i got an awning i believed was 950, and it ws miles to big.

i re-measured the awning rail again 3 weeks ago, got a size of 926.

bought another awning, pyramid tuscany, this one is miles to small and on the label it says 900 even though it was advertised as a 925.

i have been to michael jordan, reading caravans, and on the net. no one seems to have the awning size listed. there is nothing in the original paperwork with the caravan either.

please help, i need an awning for easter weekend, and time is running out and i dont want to go and buy the wrong one

cheers

baz

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Barrie

To find the correct awning size take a length of string and go from the ground at point A round the awning rail B to the ground at point C.

Measure the length of string that was used in Centimetres and this will give your awning size.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Trio awnings come in a size 925 - and each size goes up by 25 cm. You'll never get an exact size - most other manufacturers ranges are also in steps of 25cm between one size and the next.

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Barrie a lot of awning manufacturers will tell you what awning size to buy if you tell them what actual caravan you have . i have used NR awnings very good quality gear get them at NRawnings.co.uk give them a try

cheers Duggie

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Baz.

Following Parksy's idea is the right way to go. What I also did was to cut the string off at point C on Parksy's plan.

Then I nicked SWMBO's pegs off the washing line. Took string and pegs to the dealer and pegged said string at 1 foot intervals around the proposed awning to physically check the fit with the size of the awning.

Bit of a rig-mar-ole but less bother than taking the van there to try it out.

Awnings are a ****** to buy on spec so that's why I use that method. Not failed yet !!

ATB Steve L.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hi Barrie. According to my Isabella Awning size booklet (Genuine): your "A" measurement is 933cm and they state a 925cm awning requirement.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had this problem, found awning to be too big after carefull measuring. The problem was that most caravan piches sag in the middle where the wheels are constantly putting the weight down. Just 2inches sag will make your awning 4ins to big. On level ground it fits fine, I find that putting the van on 2ins boards sorts it out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts