Problems with the cassette toilet

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I am having problems with my caravan water system, when we run the kitchen or bathroom sink hot or cold water supply the cassette toilet flush system comes on filling the toilet bowl.

I have phoned Thetford but was told it sounds more of a caravan water problem than the cassette toilet as the flush does not drip constantly. Can someone please give me some tips, my caravan is an Avondale Leda Antrim 1998

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Does your cassette toilet flush fill from the caravan water system or do you have to fill it manually?

If your toilet is an electric flush which you fill manually from an outside source and it flushes when caravan taps are turned on it would appear to me that you may have a water leak from the caravan water system or waste water pipes which is dripping onto some exposed wiring causing a short circuit in your electric flush.

A good starting point would be to remove the cassette to check for water leaks, then trace the wiring back to the fuses and power source whilst checking for damp or dripping pipes in the area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts