Proof of Covid vaccination

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree - a number of people are at risk of exclusion because businesses have adopted other measures to establish ID, like driving licences and passports, which not everyone has.
It is a difficult one to be fair to all, notwithstanding that not everyone has passport, driving license or smart phone. But the issue of Covid passport is not unique. For some years now it has become commonplace for companies that hire equipment to want photo id, id that proves address and a driving licence often cannot be used for both purposes, so recent utility bills can be required. So already some will be excluded from certain aspects of daily life.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When you leave school, you are given an National Insurance Number, why not that as a ID number. ? So I have a NI number a NHS Number a Passport Number that changes and a driving licence number. Let a goverment sort this out.

Reactions: RogerL
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It is a difficult one to be fair to all, notwithstanding that not everyone has passport, driving license or smart phone. But the issue of Covid passport is not unique. For some years now it has become commonplace for companies that hire equipment to want photo id, id that proves address and a driving licence often cannot be used for both purposes, so recent utility bills can be required. So already some will be excluded from certain aspects of daily life.
Particularly since many bills have gone paperless - we can use our annual State Pension entitlement letters but youngsters can't - the real difficulty is where a RECENT bill is required.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Particularly since many bills have gone paperless - we can use our annual State Pension entitlement letters but youngsters can't - the real difficulty is where a RECENT bill is required.
Thats right and those who wish to see a recent bill often will not accept printed copy. Absolutely ridiculous isn't it. That includes some of the august bodies that you have to interact with when sorting out someone's estate.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think if there was an official personal ID card then it would alleviate a lot of the problems where different times need different proof of identity so if we all carried the same ID there would be less need of recent utility bills etc, we can all be traced in different ways it just seems easier if we all identify who we are in the same way, I don’t see it would curtail our freedom in anyway but it would make it much easier to identify people who are breaking the law, if they were not carrying their ID that in itself be punishable by law, I admit there is an element of big brother but we’ve got that already it just brings it all together.

BP

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think if there was an official personal ID card then it would alleviate a lot of the problems where different times need different proof of identity so if we all carried the same ID there would be less need of recent utility bills etc, we can all be traced in different ways it just seems easier if we all identify who we are in the same way, I don’t see it would curtail our freedom in anyway but it would make it much easier to identify people who are breaking the law, if they were not carrying their ID that in itself be punishable by law, I admit there is an element of big brother but we’ve got that already it just brings it all together.

BP
I think you are correct, I can remember my my NI number from 51 years ago, my driving licence number, my latest PP number and due to numerous hospital visits, my NHS number. Surley the goverment can combine these. , but no need to carry a card. That really is BBrother.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

BP

I am with you. But such thinking will never get past those that think it infringes their personal privacy. I don’t know what they have to hide.

John

Reactions: Beehpee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts