Protecting Marker Lights - When attaching an Air Awning

MDT

Aug 9, 2024
Visit site
I am new to caravanning and when buying my Bailey Cadiz the owner warned me to be carful when attaching my Air Awning and 'guide' it over. Having then knocked-off 3 marker lights I started to search for ideas. On You-Tube I found a great idea (https://www.youtube.com/@DTSquared) but it is a lot of messing around to make. This got me thinking and I had an idea. I bought a 'Triton, Triple Glass Suction Cup" for £12.04p from Amazon and it worked a treat.IMG_6407.jpeg

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The link did not work, but I think I know the one you mean. I like your idea. I wonder if it could be enhanced with pulleys.

John

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I have a much easier (and free) solution, I insert the awning from the back of the caravan, no marker lights to pass :rolleyes:
There is an insertion point on the vertical awning rail.

Reactions: borderbilly

MDT

Aug 9, 2024
Visit site
Nice work around although I'd be worried the suction cups would pull out the thin outer wall of the van.
I hope not. I cant see it would as there is not much pressure on the glass lifter and it has 3 x fixing points. At no stage do we pull on it
I have a much easier (and free) solution, I insert the awning from the back of the caravan, no marker lights to pass :rolleyes:
There is an insertion point on the vertical awning rail.
I did try that but it was a pain in the !@£?$ to thread

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I hope not. I cant see it would as there is not much pressure on the glass lifter and it has 3 x fixing points. At no stage do we pull on it

I did try that but it was a pain in the !@£?$ to thread
I wasn't thinking about pulling on it but just the act of getting it to suck onto the wall panel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts