Pulling Power - help needed please

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Hello everyone. My beloved Land Rover Freelander 2.0 Xdi was recently written off when some idiot went into the back of me on the A50 in Stoke - and to date I have been unable to source a suitabe replacement. In the meantime I have purchased a cheap Citreon Xantia 2.0i Petrol - it's a lot of car for £500 - but will it pull my van?

I have an Abbey Stafford 1988 - 1150kg. The Freelander used to pull it like it wasn't there - but when I tested out the Xantia it left me feeling a little on edge. It should pull 1800kg according to the spec - but at time I felt like I was being pushed long a little.

I think maybe the breaks need replacing - they aren't the best and that doesn't help with the old confidence.

Anybody evey towed with a Xantia before? Am I just being paranoid?

My budget for a newer towing car is £5k - we are going tdown to Cornwall for a week at half term so I had better get my skates on - or do I stick with the Xantia and hope for the best?

Also - If anyone could recommend any other reliable towing cars around that price bracket I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Jon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
jonathan,

have you thought about buying another freelander, i have one but my husband would also like one, we have just been looking on ebay and there are bargains to be had, maybe it is because people are not buying them because of the tax.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Hi jonathan

Regarding the Xantia, I would have thought you would be just fine. Citroen won towcar of the year regularly with the Bx and may have done with the Xantia. I only used the diesel version but it towed 1100kg just fine and you should have more power if less torque, I would try it and see.

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts