Pump King fuel card

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
This scheme is turning out to be a disaster, not only is the fuel in my local Esso garage cheaper than their card price, but this morning I have had over 60 text messages exactly the same.Any Ideas how to stop this? Their webpage is down at the moment ,so no help there.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Steve, I have had the same all this morning , put my phone on silent, they never answer the phone or emails anyway. The only way is to log on and change the contact phone number . Getting fed up with them.

Only 41 text this morning

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I must be the poor relation only had 44 messages. However on a serious note I have found two payments have been taken for the same transaction, payments are claimed about a month apart. So I would urge anyone who has used this card to check payment history.
Personally I am of the opinion that the CMHC has failed the membership I am however confident they will do absolutely nothing to help resolve the issue after all it was the clubs endorsement of Pump King that encourages us to apply.
One question that I’m sure won’t be answered honestly is what do the CMHC get from Pump King when we apply for or use the fuel card

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
mike161 said:
I must be the poor relation only had 44 messages. However on a serious note I have found two payments have been taken for the same transaction, payments are claimed about a month apart. So I would urge anyone who has used this card to check payment history.
Personally I am of the opinion that the CMHC has failed the membership I am however confident they will do absolutely nothing to help resolve the issue after all it was the clubs endorsement of Pump King that encourages us to apply.
One question that I’m sure won’t be answered honestly is what do the CMHC get from Pump King when we apply for or use the fuel card

Mike, I had two payment taken back in December, a month apart I bombarded their Email every day for a week , eventually got onto CaMC about it and within two days received a refund, used the card successfully for another 4 transactions, received the new, card which I think I will just ditch and cancel the account , which is not an easy thing to do.

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Many thanks for the reply from EH52ARH strongly worded mail sent to CMHC I will await response and inform forum what the view of the club is.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't remember the last time I saw an Esso station,I'm sure they are there I just don't use them !
I use supermarket fuel when I can.
The discount card offers doesn;t reduce the price per litre enough to make me use it.
As for motorway service stations forget it !
If you don,t want unwanted E mails don't fill in a genuine address. (dodgyaddress @gmail.com)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have never had "Any Emails" from Pump King, at all, I receive the weekly updates on fuel prices, the reason I wanted the Esso / pump King card was because I don't like Supermarket fuels, they don't have the detergents in them to keep the engines cleaner, I have three or four Esso stations near to myself.

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi to all
By way of an update
The CMHC replied to my strongly worded mail they did this by telephone. The gentleman that I spoke to explained the reasons why problems had occurred he also explained the connections between Pump King and Wex (the company named on the new card) this does explain the age of Pump King in the company’s house listings.
It seems that new cards were issued as a personalised card caused production problems (normally a batch of cards would be issued to one company) this has gone a long way to explain to me the “teething “ problems.
Regarding the double charging issue the club have taken ownership of this and within hours of the phone call a refund was issued the refund appeared in my bank a few days later.

Like a lot of club members I have very few Esso stations close to home however when away and towing the card does provide an excellent way of paying a reduced price for fuel especially in the London area or the remoter areas of the country
Best Regards
Michael

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
mike161 said:
Hi to all
By way of an update
The CMHC replied to my strongly worded mail they did this by telephone. The gentleman that I spoke to explained the reasons why problems had occurred he also explained the connections between Pump King and Wex (the company named on the new card) this does explain the age of Pump King in the company’s house listings.
It seems that new cards were issued as a personalised card caused production problems (normally a batch of cards would be issued to one company) this has gone a long way to explain to me the “teething “ problems.
Regarding the double charging issue the club have taken ownership of this and within hours of the phone call a refund was issued the refund appeared in my bank a few days later.

Like a lot of club members I have very few Esso stations close to home however when away and towing the card does provide an excellent way of paying a reduced price for fuel especially in the London area or the remoter areas of the country
Best Regards
Michael

Thank you for that.
Hutch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts