pump pressure

Mar 6, 2007
Visit site
Evening All (no not a copper)

I have one of those pumps you put in a water hog and wondered if you increase the pressure so the water flows quicker as it only seems to flow slow, the taps click when you lift the handle so i think they have one of those micro switches in

cheers

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
The clicking sounds more like a pressure switch system.

First locate the pressure switch, found in the general area of the water inlet pipe.Should have a wire on it.

Mark the round adjustment knob so you know the present position and adjust in small steps to keep the pump running a bit longer, this should increase the flow.

Ensure the pump does stop when tap is shut.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the taps click when opening them, they have microswitches.

Flow rate can be increased by using a higher rated submersible pump.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Have you tried cleaning the pump electrical connections, make sure no damp has got inside the plug.

I replaced our pump with a faster flow type, i didn't notice a difference.

Is there a blocked filter in cct?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
That looks like the same pump on the bailey, or i might be getting confused with the one on the Avondale, both can get water inside the connections, try taking it apart and check.

Use wire wool on the connections. It only needs a small volt drop to slow the pump, do you use mains hook up?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Crystal Maxi Pump has a higher pump rate, but do not forget, you will never have the same kind of water pressure as you do at home.

The van water system is not designed to take high water pressure.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Partsman

Yes the pump runs of the DC supply, but when on mains hookup, the 12v becomes 13.5volts approx via the battery charger.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts