Puy Rond Camping, Bressuire, France

Apr 13, 2008
Visit site
Puy Rond Camping, Bressuire, France was part of our holiday for August 2007

On arrival we were warmly welcomed by Robert Smith, the owner who showed us to a pitch personally, which seems to be what he does with all his guests. Robert gave us the choice of a couple of pitches, suggesting the one we did then take, which turned out to be a nicely placed pitch. There were about 8 or so caravans and tents on the area we were pitched. All units were well placed.

We were about 80 or so feet from the toilet block, which we found useful. All units are in easy reach. I thought however, the toilet and shower block was not the best we had seen in our travels. We heard complaints from others on the site that they felt the toilet and shower block was not cleaned sufficiently often during the day, and I have to say I agree with this. An old adhesive plaster for example was in a shower area and had been there for a few days, gone unnoticed by whoever was looking after the area. This suggested the area was not monitored as close as it really should have been.

John

www.CLTOURING.com - Certified Locations

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hello Catherine

Dont know Puy Rond but you might be interested in this site nearby which is English Owned and excellent

www.caravanningfrance.com (Camping Courte Vallee Airvault)

Valerie

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie

This must be a good site I've just worked out how much it would cost us at the end of August.

1 van, electric, 2 children under 11 and 4 adults.......58 euros this seems a bit steep for pitching!!!!!

I know its always more in july and August but weve never paid above 40 euros..

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie

This must be a good site I've just worked out how much it would cost us at the end of August.

1 van, electric, 2 children under 11 and 4 adults.......58 euros this seems a bit steep for pitching!!!!!

I know its always more in july and August but weve never paid above 40 euros..
I agree 58 Euros is ridiculous. We will be there in June using our ACSI Card and the two of us with electric will pay Euros14 a night which is fine. I would not pay more than Euros20 a night and I am glad that we can now go out of season.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie Thanks for that, the reason I was thinking of this site,is because we are planning to keep the caravan in France next year and this site has storage facilities next to it. So it is really mainly for convenience but if the site is not up to much then I may have a rethink, although I haven't heard any other comments. If any body else knows of any sites in France with storage please let me know.

Catherine

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Catherine

Courte Vallee is a very special site where all the people who store their vans there are British and the compound is fully fenced and locked . Owners Alastair and Johanna will get Insurance etc. sorted out for you, can arrange to have your van serviced, will wash it at the start of the season and will put it on site for your arrival. You do not have to stay on their site if you dont want to but it is so lovely most people do. It is very like a Caravan Club site in G.B. Why not try a visit for a day and see what you think. We have been going for years now from N. Ireland but we always go off site as well but always return as it is so friendly. The owners live on site all year round. Any other questions?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie,

Thanks for that,It sounds ideal, I will look at the prices for the site and send an email to them, we did find some other storage sites but they had long waiting lists. Will get back to you later if I have any questions.

Catherine

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Several mentions her of Camping Court Vallee - it is a nicely located site but don't consider going there in winter if you intend using site showers. The sanitary block is unheated even though it's an "All Year" site. I returned about 3 weeks ago after spending 12 nights there where temperatures dropped to -2. It was quite bracing in the showers to say the least!!

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts