Question for LMH

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That might have been where I heard about it then.

The flirt pole is a long pole with a lure on the end of it (usually a piece of hide or similar). You lure the dog then lift the pole high in the air. The dog then jumps to try and catch it etc......

I don't use mine, Diesel's far too lazy. There is the possibility of injury too as the dogs do tend to jump very high.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it might be jumping off an A frame that's why it's quite high. Her dogs are all super fit though and do competitions.

Someone is making an A frame for my dogs.

Lisa

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
See now here you go again what is an A frame and what is that for,if you dont give me all this info I am going to get caught out in my conversation with the neighbour.

I thought you had an A frame at the front of your caravan so if its the same *** down to Lowdhams see if they get one of an old van!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good idea, in fact I think I might *** down to Lowdhams soon if I'm off my sick bed.

Photo to follow............

You'll be the worlds leading authority in canine fitness soon.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A frame

aframe.jpg

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Got ya if you get all that lot you will have to buy a house with a bigger garden,I am getting more knowledge all the while in fact I am getting dog tired!Not been to Lowdhams this year as I have not had my van serviced this year as it is now 3years old so out of warranty and for what they do its a lot of money.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mine's in for a service next month. It'll be out of warranty too after that so we won't be using them again. I think they are a right rip off (

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Lisa

You disappeared,anyway I recall I think from another thread that you live Holme Pierrpoint area,when we go in van and with friends we try to take different wine,cheese etc to try and wondered if you have ever been to pork pie factory shop at Cotgrave or the Stilton shops at Colston Bassett or Long Clawson,when i went they were all shut.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Plotter

I've just popped on line, I've been sorting out paperwork etc and its sooooooooooo boring.

Yes I am dangerously close to Holme Pierrepont, Diesel and I can often be seen walking round the lake. (The lake is exactly two miles radius).

Sorry, I haven't been to either of the shops, I have heard that their produce is excellent though. Can't you google and see if you can find out their opening times?

There's an excellent pork pie shop in Melton Mowbray called

Dickinson & Morris

Ye Olde Pork Pie Shoppe

10 Nottingham Street

Melton Mowbray

Leicestershire

LE13 1NW

Tel: 01664 482068

If I go to Melton Horse Sales I *** down to the shop and buy a couple of pork pies, I love 'em.

Are you in the midlands?

Lisa

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Yes been to that shop and its sister sausage shop next door,When i went to the others I was on the way to Lincoln on a Saturday and they shut at lunchtime so will have to wait until i have reason to go to Lowdhams.When I was working it was not a problem as I covered the whole of the Uk but now at home still doing my training to be driving instructor.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Training to be a driving instructor! You must have nerves of steel. LOL!

Because we have some quite wide and quiet roads round here, it's a mecca for learners! I often sit patiently in my car waiting for someone to complete a three point turn.

Lisa

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I was in sales for a time working for part of HSBC arranging finance on caravans and boats,but made redundant and worked doing health insurance but spent last year off sick with stress and we agreed to part and they paid a nice sum into my bank as compensation so now looking to do something where own boss and I cjhoose hours to work.Those shop/factories i mentioned have been mentioned a few times by TV celeb chefs and i do like Pork pies,sausage and good Stilton.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Long Clawson Dairy Limited

Long Clawson

Melton Mowbray

Leicestershire

England

LE14 4PJ

Telephone +44 01664 822332

You can also buy on line.

-----

Colston Bassett Dairy

Retail shop opening hours:

Monday to Friday 9.00 - 12.30

1.30 - 4.00

Saturday 9.00 - 11.30

Closed Sundays & Bank Holidays

Tel: 01949 81132

---------------

Can't find the pp shop at Cotgrave - if you go there, be careful, lots of arson incidents in the area!!

--------

I'm pleased it's working out for you on the new career front. Will this mean you'll have to buy a tiny car? LOL

Lisa

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
No will be on franchise from BSM so they supply Astra but I will still have my Mondeo TDCI to tow with.

The one at Cotgrave is something likes 'Mums Pork Pies' I cant remember the name its in a small industrial estate on the right as you go into Cotgrave from the A46.I need the time at home as wife has been off work fromRBS for 12 months with cancer which is not a problem as such it is now the hospital super bug C-diff that she picked up in hospital last month.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gosh Plotter, so sorry to hear about your wife. I'm sorry but I don't quite know what to say. To have cancer then to come out of hospital with a super bug is just terrible and so unfair to say the very least. She must be feeling really awful.

---------------

Mrs Elizabeth King Ltd 0115 989 4101

Unit 30, High Hazles Road, Cotgrave, Nottingham, NG12 3GZ

-------

Glad to hear you won't be driving around in a smart car then.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian, You've met Diesel and you should know that he has been well brought up and wouldn't dream of using one of those. He's a good boy.

Shame on you.

Lisa

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Now you know why my van has not moved for 12 months we had to cancel our three weeks in France last year and booked again for this year thinking all would be well but have cancelled again,as we did at Easter and also May Day weekend.

Thanks for your research on shops,and no a Smart car is not an option with all the sausage,pork pies and stilton getting into one could be a problem.Was it you that I recall has a Freestyle.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I understand now why your van hasn't moved. I really hope things start to get better for you both.

Yes, I have a freestyle 520L SE. I love it. I'm still getting used to towing it as it's longer than our other van. Mind you, I had to reverse it round a mini island last week. Thankfully, I didn't crash it!

Lisa

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We had a Freestyle 520se from Lowdhams in 1999 we tow with a Mondeo what are you using,also good to see that you tow it my wife will not give it a try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts