Quick question re gas in France

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I am off to France on Saturday for a month. I have one full 6Kg Calor and a half empty one. Based on last years trip - I know that this will be plenty.

Just for peace of mind though can anyone tell me (if I need to) if I can purchase a French gas bottle and a pig tail which will simply commect to the Truma Bulkhead regulator on the locker.

As I say, I am happy that what I have got will last - but its a question I have wondered about for some time.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
I would buy a camping gaz pigtail before you go as insurance and on the off chance you run out buy a 907 cylinder, I think the deposits will be lower than for a larger French only cylinder. To save costs, one tip I have seen elsewhere is to see if your local tip has an empty 907 Camping Gaz cylinder. This will be much cheaper than the deposit for a cylinder if you don't have one to exchange.

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
No problem you can buy all the parts you need at the local hardware stores called bricomarch or even the large supermarkets and at there fuel stations they sell the gas bottles recently you haven't had to pay a deposit

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings,

Three years ago I got a 13kgs French Propane bottle from Auchan supermarket at Calais.

The exit/entry point for the gas has an identical thread to the british butane pigtail MINUS the add on Cick on adaptor for British butane 6kgs. Soooooooo,

If you've got a 6kg butane bottle already connected you can use the french bottle when you're in France. You just remove the threaded click on.

Get the muscles in tune thou. It weighs in at 31kgs full!!!

(I'm changing it for a lightweight bottle on my next trip )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts