Quick release battery terminal clamps.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
//www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Release-...-Car-Caravan-Motorhome-Terminal-/400985349904
Anyone have these?

Or any commentsopinions on them?

Thanks.
Edit: I forgot about that Kunena problem thingy, drat, don't know if my edit will work. :unsure:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Parksy said:
Yes, I have them. Not much to say really, exchanging batteries is quick and easy

You are very much on the ball Parksy :lol:

I was still trying to get my ebay link to show (and searching in vain for your "how to") :blush:

Thanks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my smartphone at the moment but when I'm back on my computer in the morning I'll make a sticky post for reference purposes

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
You have to pull up the levers on mine to release, but there is not enough headroom in my battery box to do so. So to get them off I have to pull the battery half out (as far as the leads permit) onto an arranged support, and pause it there to get them off. Might as well use a spanner really as then I could release the terminals in situ and heave the battery out in one go without needing to arrange a support.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Don't bother with those nasty blue and red lift up jobbies - they corrode and are almost impossible to clean up. I use a side lever type which has adjustable clamping force, plus a second terminal for your mover power leads if the battery doesn't have these. Their height is the same as the battery terminal too.

I'd post a link, but I can never make one work either

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
chrisn7 said:
Don't bother with those nasty blue and red lift up jobbies - they corrode and are almost impossible to clean up.

I've had these for over 10 years and have never had a problem. We only go away a few times a year so consequently the battery is removed when the van is in storage quite frequently. The quick release is ideal for the frequent in and out of the battery, albeit the battery tray needs to be pulled partly out and tipped forward to gain the height. probably takes less than 15 seconds to do. Each to their own.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
chrisn7 said:
Don't bother with those nasty blue and red lift up jobbies - they corrode and are almost impossible to clean up. I use a side lever type which has adjustable clamping force, plus a second terminal for your mover power leads if the battery doesn't have these. Their height is the same as the battery terminal too.

Hi chrisn7,

Wish you could post a link as I am interested in identifying the product you refer to, perhaps Parksy can help you, he is a good chap :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
chrisn7 said:

Hi chrisn7,

Wish you could post a link as I am interested in identifying the product you refer to, perhaps Parksy can help you, he is a good chap :)

If you scroll down to the Our Website message board I've added a sticky post containing step by step instructions on how to post links

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
If you scroll down to the Our Website message board I said:
Parksy,

Where is the Website message board?

I acknowledging in advance that I most probably am having a 'tense and dense' moment :blink: in not being able to locate your sticky re URL postings.

Ta.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Anseo said:
chrisn7 said:

Hi chrisn7,

If you scroll down to the Our Website message board I've added a sticky post containing step by step instructions on how to post links

Parksy it might be me but think your sticky has stuck in the New Members message board :whistle:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi chrisn7. Can you remember were you purchased these side clamp battery clamps from or do you know who sells them.

Thanks

Tony

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey chrisn7. Mate i have scoured pages and pages of internet sites but cannot find the same clamps that you have shown, ive got matchsticks in my eyes ive been on the internet that long.

You gotta put us out of our misery and let us know as to where you got them from.

I found something similar in usa but the locking lever goes vertically not sideways.

Tony

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi woodlandscamper

Just checked but no looks like it just activates up and down.

Sooner chrisn7 gets back to us the better lol

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
If you scroll down to the Our Website message board I said:
Parksy,

Where is the Website message board?

I acknowledging in advance that I most probably am having a 'tense and dense' moment :blink: in not being able to locate your sticky re URL postings.

Ta.
Apologies and thanks to Gagakev :)
The Our Website message board is at the bottom of the Index webpage but to save you looking for it Click Here

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I found those ones when I searched for them, I found them by doing a google search which took me to them but I'm pretty sure it's a dead end because the seller doesn't seem to exist, got no items for sale and can't message him or contact him at all, shame because I liked the look of them and was definitely going to order some. So if anyone else locates a seller let me know.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just looked at this seller again on flea bay and says on holiday so maybe he's goons be back, he has reviews for sold items in last month so worth checking to see if he pops up again.

BP

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I find the easy approach is to extend the battery leads, make them long enough, to easily place the battery on the ground. As one gets older moving heavy batteries becomes a pain, a quick simple move works for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts