Quiet Site South West / Southern France

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Good Evening all
Am looking at venturing off to France nnext year for the first time with friends in folding camper and caravans.
I am looking for a site idealy coastal with a pool and some basic facilities.
The one thing I dont want is Music / entertainment in the evenings as will be travelling with four children under 6
Location wise I am open to any sites south of bordeaux or anywhere on the french med.
Can anyone help?
All info greatfully received
Thanks
Brian
Born Camper 1 ( nickname because i own a head torch)
smiley-laughing.gif

May 12, 2011
Visit site
A lot depends on when you intend to go. On many sites in May you would be lucky if any sort of entertainment, restaurant, snack bar or swimming pool is open. Even in June things are very quiet and I have never come across any sort of "animation" in full swing.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Brian i too are looking for a "quiet" site in Brittany as a first timer, and was finding it difficult to locate one whilst searching using google.
I have now found this website www.campingfrance.com, it allows you to search based on star rating (amenities provided, so choose 3 or less and it might exclude the extras you don't want) and size of site by number of pitches and of course area.
i have now been able to find a couple of sites that offer the things i want, and they don't have the restaurants/bars/evening entertainment which I do not want.
Hopefully it will make the searching easier for you.
Wombat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts