Quiet weekend?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Isn't it quiet in here tonight? I'm typing this quietly in case wake everyone up!I guess it's because Lord B's away and LMH's computer's broken.Or is everyone suffering from post Easter blues?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I am getting ready for work on Tuesday

After 3 months away, I have a lot of things to catch up on and god knows how many mails. The last time I was away for 2 weeks I had nearly 500 mails to return to.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Emmo, we have been working since yesterday morning. Yeah, no sleep :-(

Just having food break after 16hours :-( and then we have about 6 hours of work before we get back to the hotel for some sleep. So make some noise and keep us awake please. I have a long drive home for my Dads funeral when finished so can't nod off ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark,you woke me up, shouting like that! cris, I'm working for four days next week,and I worked two days last week.This retirement thing can be hard work at times! Still, the way I see it, one weeks work pays for three weeks caravanning. Seems like a good to me.Steve,take it easy mate.Prior to last thursday, I hadn't worked since January, and it was hard to restart.Enjoy the rest of your break, everybody.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson retirement is where one is supposed to relax and enjoy the fruits of their working life ie in your case this includes the joys of caravanning. When that call is made for retirement/early retirement there should be a complete change of attitude to life and enjoy what there is - go for it and hit the highway with that outfit and enjoy yourself. Good luck to your retirement.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, perhaps I should point out that any work I do is voluntary insofar as I don't have to do it! I do get paid, but I'm very selective in what I do,and only do what I enjoy.Next week I'm driving a new Scania on steel deliveriy in S.Wales and the West Country. All loads have to be either craned or fork-lifted off, cos I will only drive the lorries,not load or unload them.I'm too old to work hard!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson I do apologise if you misunderstood my posting. I was trying to put across that as you have taken retirement life is now to be enjoyed. Although you work on a voluntary basis the call of the caravan is such that this should have priority over all other things. Enjoy your retirement but get your priorities in the correct order.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
absolutely right colin!Pleasure of any sort now takes precedence over work, otherwisw I'd have stayed in full-time employment.The only reason I work at all is so that we can enjoy our leisure time even more!Once the state pension kicks in in 21 months time I shan't do any paid work at all, but will continue with my local charity work only.When I took retirement at sixty,I took on these jobs so as not to get bored.Now I do them for enjoyment.I'm currently Project Officer for the demolition and rebuilding of our village hall,funded by Big Lottery and Welsh Assembly.It's a very interesting and satisfying job, and totally diferent to anything I've done before,and fits in nicely with all my interests.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Have a great time Maureen, hope the weathers fine for you. We have only got 2 weeks before our jaunt to the Lakes, Northumbria and the North Yorks Moors. A mini heatwave is supposed to be forecast for May so in my generosity I might let you have a week of it :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I am getting ready for work on Tuesday

After 3 months away, I have a lot of things to catch up on and god knows how many mails. The last time I was away for 2 weeks I had nearly 500 mails to return to.
No doubt joke mails, put the best on here lolol ;O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a great time Maureen, hope the weathers fine for you. We have only got 2 weeks before our jaunt to the Lakes, Northumbria and the North Yorks Moors. A mini heatwave is supposed to be forecast for May so in my generosity I might let you have a week of it :O)
Oooooooooh ! Ta ever so much:eek:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts