rac breakdown

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
hi folks got 3 years breakdown cover with owe new car wanted to add caravan & european cover as well , normally have greenflag for uk & red pennant annual for europe & post office for world wide travel any comments please....c&P

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
When I tried to do this when I bought my Kia it came with 3yrs free RAC membership. I was told that it was not possible to add the caravan to the existing cover. I was advised to join the C & CC Arival scheme.

Steve W

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
steve thanks for the quick replie , had quote from rac today , 178.50p uk only , car , caravan, any vehcile me or carol are drivng , 99.50p european annual cover, caravan only upto 7.5m , maybe stick with greenflag & red pennant, luckly haven't had to use both for over 10 years ....c&p

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
steve thanks for the quick replie , had quote from rac today , 178.50p uk only , car , caravan, any vehcile me or carol are drivng , 99.50p european annual cover, caravan only upto 7.5m , maybe stick with greenflag & red pennant, luckly haven't had to use both for over 10 years ....c&p
& it still does not cover recovery of van in the case of a road traffic accident making the car an uneconomic repair & not being returned to the UK

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
We wouldn't touch RAC again after an incident years ago. We were so disgusted with them that we changed to Green Flag and never looked back.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Unless you give dwtails of your problem with the RAC, I do not see the point in your post.

Steve W
Hi Steve,

I'm sorry if I offended you, do you work for the RAC?

The incident involved us breaking down when we had one of our childrens friends with us, making two adults and four children.I don't feel the need to go into any more detail other than we had a letter from the RAC admitting their fault and a half hearted apology for the hours that we had to wait for it to be sorted (as well as the surly and unhelpful attitude of the first recovery guy).

In the many years since we changed to Green Flag (Mayday) they have never let us down if we have needed them, quick response and no fuss, which is just what you need in those situations.

Wendy

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi have just taken delivery of a new Kia Sorento which brings with it RAC Breakdown cover..... It also brings with it RAC Breakdown cover that only covers upto 25 ft which has to include towbar...

Therefore after speaking to RAC which they will not move on, I have had to take out a full additional cover via Camping and Caravan Club which is ALSO throught he RAC but is the only way they remove all length and height restrictions.... So if I breakdown I will EXPECT two recovery vehicles...:)

I also have just purchased a TA 26ft van......

Hope this help

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Steve,

I'm sorry if I offended you, do you work for the RAC?

The incident involved us breaking down when we had one of our childrens friends with us, making two adults and four children.I don't feel the need to go into any more detail other than we had a letter from the RAC admitting their fault and a half hearted apology for the hours that we had to wait for it to be sorted (as well as the surly and unhelpful attitude of the first recovery guy).

In the many years since we changed to Green Flag (Mayday) they have never let us down if we have needed them, quick response and no fuss, which is just what you need in those situations.

Wendy
You haven't offended me Wendy, It's just that people make comments about things and they may have a particular axe to grind, ( ie they may work for another organisation that offer a similar service, or they may be on commision based selling scheme ). If I had experienced a problem with the RAC such as you have, then no doubt I would feel the same as you.

However, I have never needed to call them, so I have no problem, other than the cost.

Steve W

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
You haven't offended me Wendy, It's just that people make comments about things and they may have a particular axe to grind, ( ie they may work for another organisation that offer a similar service, or they may be on commision based selling scheme ). If I had experienced a problem with the RAC such as you have, then no doubt I would feel the same as you.

However, I have never needed to call them, so I have no problem, other than the cost.

Steve W
Hi Steve,

I can see what you mean, although the lack of further information is more down to the fact that I can only type one fingered and it takes too long lol!

Maybe the RAC have improved since we had our gripe with them, but I'm afraid we wouldn't be prepared to risk it again. The response time seems quicker with Green Flag so no going back for us!

Wendy

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't expect the RAC to be the first there. 3 years ago our car wouldn't start after a week's holiday in Skegness. We called them at 9 a.m. on a hot, Saturday morning in August and we were told that we were a priority as we had our two granddaughters (4 and 6) with us. It was 1 p.m. when the RAC man turned up. He could not fix the fault and had to call out the recovery vehicle. 3.15 p.m. when it arrived and had us back in Leeds just after 7 p.m. They were even an hour late when they came back on the Monday morning to take the car to our local garage for repair.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts