Radio charging and water filters

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi we recently bought an Elddis autoquest 155 ,this is our first motorhome after having a caravan so newbies to some aspects of a motorhome. So would really appreciate some advice. Firstly if we are hooked up and want to play the radio/cd will this flatten the car battery or is this being charged while on hook up or is it running off the leisure battery. Secondly when trying to clean the water system manuals say change the water filter however they do not tell you were it is ,on the caravan it was obviously on the pump and we would change the filter every season. But can't seem to locate a filter anywhere maybe it hasn't got one , we have a onboard water tank I've checked under the taps around the water heater tank but can't seem to see one
Thanks in advance

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Hello Fellwalker,
You'll probably find that the cab radio/CD/MP4/DAB will be on a timer set at around 30 minutes, this may be able to be extended through the settings on the unit, the Peugeot manual should point you in the right direction.
The hook up will charge the base vehicle battery as well as your habitation leisure battery, base vehicle manufacturers factory fit a gismo which knows when to charge either.

I'd double check with a quick phone call to your dealer but I don't believe Elddis fit water filters to any of their motorhomes, if it's a concern, a simple run through the system with a vinegar/water solution with set it right prior to touring, there is no need to purchase expensive fresh water tank specific cleaners.

If you have access to Youtube, Practical Motorhome's Diamond Dave has produced a selection of short videos which are extremely helpful in offering motorhome specific advice.

Enjoy!

Iain.

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry about water filter. Just use tank water for everything even in kettle. We buy bottled water for drinking, but use the tank for tea/coffee, cooking, no problems Have done so in same van for 10 years, and still here!!
Motorhomers have to have a different outlook to caravaners!

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
As said, the base vehicle's radio should cut off after sometime like 20 - 30 minutes to protect the vehicle battery. If using the radio, check to see if your day time running lights [if fitted] come on - ours did. You can get the radio to run of the habitation battery. I had an auto electrician sort this out for me but any competent DIY person or service agent should be able to do this. If you use the radio of the habitation battery, just be careful you don't leave the radio on for days and flatten the habitation battery [we did by mistake].

Don't know anything about the water filter on your Elddis. The dealer or seller should be able to tell you about that. We rinse our water system through every year and drink the tank water. However, if the source of the water is dubious, and it can be especially when touring the continent and not using sites, then I strongly recommend bottled water for drinking as recommended by chirene.

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
We use only bottled water for cold water drinking however we do thoroughly sterilise the freshwater tank and flush the full system through every spring before first use following the winter. Drain down. We safely use tank water for tea / coffee and cleaning teeth etc with no problems.

Never had any problems but we are very vigilant about filling up on site having heard horror stories about people with thoughtless and unhygienic habits !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts